Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hypervoxel That..! :)

Hypervoxel That..! :)

4 years but I finally got it. A rotating supercell.

http://www.mikeolbinski.com/theblog/...r-booker-texas
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

I have done that, over Goose Ranch Texas.
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

Vacant, pretty vacant pinkmouse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by papou View Post
    rendertimes?
    Realtime.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    lovely nature..how do you do that

Iīm almost there..
    http://vimeo.com/67990100
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjL55mVQazw
    I'll have to revisit that. I think it was in LW7.5, was that before HVs got messed up?
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

Quote Originally Posted by shrox View Post
    I'll have to revisit that. I think it was in LW7.5, was that before HVs got messed up?
    my samples was hypervoxels in lw 11.03, havenīt tried the old voxel system with the old blending doubler method if that is what you refere to?
    So the cloud render on vimeo and on youtube are straight raw renders without processing.

I would probably try this out with turbulence though, if it could handle the scene scale of it, maybe using particles to drive the fluid sim.

Then itīs just a matter of adding the lightning in there, dponīt sunsky would work nicely to have atmospheric colors on the
    fluid sim too.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    my samples was hypervoxels in lw 11.03, havenīt tried the old voxel system with the old blending doubler method if that is what you refere to?
    So the cloud render on vimeo and on youtube are straight raw renders without processing.

I would probably try this out with turbulence though, if it could handle the scene scale of it, maybe using particles to drive the fluid sim.

Then itīs just a matter of adding the lightning in there, dponīt sunsky would work nicely to have atmospheric colors on the
    fluid sim too.

Michael
    I used morph targets of points on the stuff I did. I think I had an animated map too.
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------

Mike that is absolutely Beautiful! Did you need much color grading? And also thank you for all the informative tuts.
    EVGA SR-2 MB, 2 x Intel XEON 5650 HEX core @4.05 ghz, 24 gig DDR2000 mem, Nvidia GTX460 2gig, WIN 7 64 PRO.

Quote Originally Posted by shrox View Post
    I used morph targets of points on the stuff I did. I think I had an animated map too.
    Do you have the animation of that lying somewhere acessable? donīt think Ivé seen it.
    Such cloud formation showcased in the real clip from Mike would probably be a noway voxel can do, only up to a midlevel of realism I think.

Mr Rid did some nice stuff with tornados and voxels, not sure he continued to work with them to completion really, and I think he had
    more than whatīs on youtube, one of the tornado clips dont play properly there.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9PyX7LZ_2o

That isnīt bad, it just moveīs to fast to match the sort of supercell shown in the clip.
    the foreground needs replacement to more realisic ground, and the sky could be replaced with dp_sunsky which would affect the tornado with proper lighting and color shading, at that time Mr Rid didnīt have such options for skies, then to get more realism based on Mr rids tornado, it would require filling in the sky with more layers of voxels.

fluids would be best perhaps,(turbulenceFD) but it would require insane memory and simulation time and needs to be done in lot of layers to get intricate small cloud formations within the supercell, and it migth be tricky to work on large scale sims.

I hope the Lightwave group has started to look in to openVDB already, if not they should.
    http://www.openvdb.org/

Michael

mother nature uses multiple emitters and each one shoots particles into a slowly swirling storm, I would try
    to simulate that

Quote Originally Posted by pinkmouse View Post
    Realtime.
    Best rendering time full effect ever earth made

Quote Originally Posted by Wireframex View Post
    Best rendering time full effect ever earth made
    real time engine closing in on atmospherics..realtime volumetrics,godrays etc.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ygZCDoCVec
    Check thread here..
    http://forums.newtek.com/showthread....clouds-godrays

I wish I could have that quality shown in this game engine development by these two guys, even if it needed to be rendered...I think the air illumination scattering and volumetrics actually surpasses that of
    vue/ozone/ogo taiki/Dp_sunsky .. and that in realtime

Maybe only critics would be the need of slightly better cloud density/quality..but only marginally, thefoundation is there.

Michael

I'm jealous, I feel like this guy stole something from me because he was there witnessing this and I wasn't.
    All that is powerful or long standing is first conceived in the imagination; supported by the hope of possibility and then made manifest in our commitment of our current physical reality.

What if I sculpt it in Zbrush then rotate it and on top of it I emit particles?

Interesting how the motion of the clouds differs from the swirling motion.
    It looks as if nature's voxels would flow on a surface.
    Last edited by bazsa73; 06-16-2013 at 04:02 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast