Thread: iVGA Pro not finding TriCaster 855

TriCaster 860 PortaStudio

iVGA Pro not finding TriCaster 855

Hi,

I have a TriCaster 855 on a network with several Dell Dimension 6600 PCs.

We downloaded both iVGA and IVGA Pro from the NewTek site.

iVGA works pretty well- even playing video, but iVGA Pro indicates "No TriCaster Found" in the Destination dropdown.

Same issue with tricaster 445

Quote Originally Posted by xleggs View Post
    Hi,

I have a TriCaster 855 on a network with several Dell Dimension 6600 PCs.

We downloaded both iVGA and IVGA Pro from the NewTek site.

iVGA works pretty well- even playing video, but iVGA Pro indicates "No TriCaster Found" in the Destination dropdown.
    Hi all,

Same issue as xleggs, but I'm using tricaster 455. Initially I got few inputs using live text and also a skype call, so therefore we are using an ethernet switch to go to and from tricaster 455 to our device and having ethernet cable with internet so that one of the laptop can log in to a skype account.

This didnt work, so I tried to break down the problem and get the ethernet switch out of the way, and go straight from a laptop to tricaster 455. And nothing chance, we also set to allow all network to pass through too.

I got around using iVGA and it can get audio into tricaster another way, but it would be good to get the audio from iVGA pro just so that we can have spare audio input and one less things to think about in a live broadcasting.

Thanks for your help

Check your system for anti-virus or firewalls that might be causing issues. I had major issues with iVGA Pro when I had AVG Anti-virus installed. Removing it fixed my issues (which were similar, problems with iVGA Pro not seeing the TC).
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Thanks j4k50n,

I found also that once I tried iVGA Pro, iVGA would not work until I logged out of my machine and back in.

I had Symantec Endpoint running. - I stopped that, and now it works. Thanks!

I had Symantec Endpoint running. - I stopped that, and now it works. Thanks!
    Thanks for letting us know that his fixed it for you.

I'm now running Microsoft Security Essentials, it hasn't caused any conflicts with iVGA Pro if you are looking for an alternative anti-virus solution.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Thanks j4k50n,

I found also that once I tried iVGA Pro, iVGA would not work until I logged out of my machine and back in.
    Hi Xleggs,
    Yes thats true, I've tested it. Got us once when we were practicing and though of your forum.

Sorry for the late reply, I was still having issues with iVGA Pro until recently since we are doing other things too and only got back to this.
    Tried Kane's suggestion from this post and others too about anti virus but still didnt solve my issue. I found that (From help of Tricaster user locally) that changing the network connection from "Public" to "Work" or "Home" solve this issue. I know its a late reply, but if anyone else is having this issue, its worth a few minutes to post this..

Hope this help other that are stuck too.

MJ

NewTek System Integrator PIZAZZ's Avatar
    Texas, or wherever the plane drops me off this week
    Anytime you connect a TriCaster and it asks you to identify the network type, make sure to choose Work. Public automatically makes Windows protect itself more. I have even found that once you select Public by mistake, getting it back to Work is quite a task in itself. Choose Work to start with.
    Jef Kethley
    PIZAZZ
    www.pizazz.com

Using:
    All models of TriCasters + 3Play, IPSeries
    Panasonic UB300 4k cams
    Tactical Fiber/converters, SDI2NDI converters, NDI-Viewfinder, and NDI2HDMI

To change your Network type in Win7, do the following.

Control Panels -> Network and Sharing Center (or 'View network status and tasks' if looking at the control panels in category view)

In the window that opens, click on the text that says 'Public Network' (see attached picture, mine says Home Network). Once you click here it will open the window allowing you to choose your network type. Choose 'Work'.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Network.JPG 
Views:	344 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	115425
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Would be nice if you didn't have to reconfigure your computer or change anti-virus programs to make it work......
    Gear Used:
    TriCaster: 40
    Cams: Panasonic AVCHD
    http://studio.ourtrainingacademy.com
    Newtek User since VT2.0

Unfortunately (well maybe fortunately), anti-virus software does more than just file scanning there days. They are also looking activity that might be considered suspicious. There is malware out there now that will watch your computer screen and send it to remote servers on the internet. I’m assuming that this is why some anti-virus is having problems with iVGA Pro. We are doing something you want, sending the computer screen to the TriCaster, but as far as the anti-virus software knows it sees a behavior that it feels should be blocked.

I had problems with the full AVG Antivirus suite on my system. Back in the iVGA Pro beta I was putting in bug reports on this not working and that, until they got back to me and said 'Kane we can't reproduce your issues'. I then tried another system and iVGA Pro worked correctly. That when I traced it down to anti-virus on my system being the issue. I'm now using Microsoft's Security Essentials, I'm not saying it is better than other solutions, but it doesn't have issues with iVGA Pro.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PIZAZZ View Post
    Anytime you connect a TriCaster and it asks you to identify the network type, make sure to choose Work. Public automatically makes Windows protect itself more. I have even found that once you select Public by mistake, getting it back to Work is quite a task in itself. Choose Work to start with.
    Yep, found that out too the hard way.
    But as you said, making it Public will make windowns have a higher protection againts an outside source coming in. I didnt set up the tricaster but now sort of taking over slowly.

Thanks for your info.