Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: This is why Windows 8 sucks.

I've been bothered by this delay as well. There was a forum post (forgot where) that advised to install an older Windows 7 driver. Did that and all my issues about the delay are gone. I'm sticking to this driver even if Wacom updates their Windows 8 driver.
    -Ken-
    http://www.kggraphics.com
    Desktop: Core i5 2400 | Windows 10 Pro
    Turbosquid Models

Win 8 has totally mucked up my permissions on my C drive. I can't access anything now even though I'm an administrator. I've researched everything for the last 3 days and always a dead end. I can't refresh Win 8, nothing. I've had to order Win 8 Disk from Microsoft and reload the OS. I can't find my original recovery disk for my computer which had Win 7.
    Gary Chike

Quote Originally Posted by shrox View Post
    Microsoft does stupid stuff like Windows 8 to condition us for our suffering in hell.
    Haha!!! Yes, Microsaur is actually satan. :+)

At my place of employment I sit near the IT department. I've been listening to them rant about Windows 8 all day. Apparently, today was their first day working with it and they are very much not happy with it.

Windows 8.1 is coming and free so hopefully it addresses some issues.

It just occurred to me that Win8 is like BOB. No one that either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Bob

"It was one of Microsoft's more visible product failures. Microsoft's Steve Ballmer mentioned Bob as an example of a situation where "we decided that we have not succeeded and let's stop."

The hated font Comic Sans was created for, but was not used in Microsoft Bob.

Last edited by shrox; 05-17-2013 at 09:07 PM.
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

Bob was terrible. Win8 is the most secure and fastest version of Windows to date. It's also easier to use than previous versions.
    ~~Phil Nolan
    www.philnolan3d.com - Twitter - YouTube
    Win 10 Home x64, Core i7 3.4 GHz, GeForce GT 640, 16GB RAM
    Laptop: Win10 x64, Core I7 8th gen, 1.8 GHz, 16GB RAM

Quote Originally Posted by ken_g9 View Post
    I've been bothered by this delay as well. There was a forum post (forgot where) that advised to install an older Windows 7 driver. Did that and all my issues about the delay are gone. I'm sticking to this driver even if Wacom updates their Windows 8 driver.
    It might be worth giving this a bash, can you let me know which driver version you are using?

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Philbert View Post
    Bob was terrible. Win8 is the most secure and fastest version of Windows to date. It's also easier to use than previous versions.
    The internals seem good, but I find that Metro rapidly becomes a mess when you are using a lot of applications.
    Sentenced to 310 years for crimes against modelling and rendering.

Metro ui is obnoxious and too in your face, covers the whole screen who's idea was that? Kids and "old" kids love it because anything that you can swoosh in public and cafe's is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by geo_n View Post
    Metro ui is obnoxious and too in your face, covers the whole screen who's idea was that? Kids and "old" kids love it because anything that you can swoosh in public and cafe's is cool.
    It's like it was designed by PlaySkool Toys.
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

Still...Absolute Amateur scallahan1's Avatar
    I remember MS Bob. I was asked to install it on a friend's PC after I sold them my old PC. I tried to talk them out of it, quoting system resources and all that jazz. They still wanted it. I reluctantly gave in. Lame!

Steve-o

EDIT: Hah! I got 1:42 into that video and found it too painful to watch.
    Last edited by scallahan1; 05-19-2013 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Syntax errors...

Quote Originally Posted by Oedo 808 View Post
    The internals seem good, but I find that Metro rapidly becomes a mess when you are using a lot of applications.
    I don't know what you're doing to it, I have about 70 icons on my Start page, both programs and apps, and it's nice and organized. Also faster to access things than it was with 7. That said, I can't wait for 8.1 to come along and make it even better.

Of course how much time do you spend with the Start Page on the screen anyway? 5 seconds each time you need to open a program? Less?
    ~~Phil Nolan
    www.philnolan3d.com - Twitter - YouTube
    Win 10 Home x64, Core i7 3.4 GHz, GeForce GT 640, 16GB RAM
    Laptop: Win10 x64, Core I7 8th gen, 1.8 GHz, 16GB RAM

I'd never heard of Microsoft Bob. I watched that video for a minute or two, expecting the joke to become obvious. Then I realised it was a serious bit of software!

The mind boggles.
    - web: http://www.albino-igil.co.uk - 2D/3D Design Studio -
    - PC Spec: Intel i9-7940X @3.1GHz | 64Gb | 2 x GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb | Windows 10 Pro -

Just bought a touch enabled windows 8 laptop. What a horrible os for touch screen. Lol. Didn't notice how horrible windows 8 was since I was using it as a normal desktop, laptop os. With a touch enabled laptop its useless. Changing the volume on windows media player, using office appz, etc, most software on windows is not really designed for touch so its so useless. Apple got it right not making a dual purpose os.
    Stay away from touch enabled windows laptops.

I just bought a Windows 8 laptop specifically to play Kerbal Space Program (its physics code is single-threaded and doesn't work so well on my Mac Pro -- it's also why I've pretty much dropped out of sight -- when I'm not at work, I'm in simulated space), and Windows 8 is just awful. Hate it. Worst OS this side of Windows ME.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast