Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: This is why Windows 8 sucks.

Here is a information and tool to make old Wacom tablets works perfectly with Win8 - http://forum.wacom.eu/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12751 . The tool is here : http://puu.sh/1X5nd
    - Architectural Visualizations -

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchon View Post
    Here is a information and tool to make old Wacom tablets works perfectly with Win8 - http://forum.wacom.eu/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12751 . The tool is here : http://puu.sh/1X5nd
    Brilliant!

I had come across this topic before but was wary of utilizing it if I could have gotten a reg hack to work, however I decided to give it a try as I just couldn't get the other options to work, and though I haven't tested it thoroughly it seems to work great.

I read someone saying they didn't need to do the .xml editing and so I tried double-clicking on the 'click' in the Wacom properties and it turned into a pull-down list with disable as an option same as for the thumb buttons!

I don't know if the lag distance scales but I often use the quickpoint mapping and this issue was a real pain.

Thanks for posting the link, and thanks to everyone else for the help too.

I'm a much more contented Oedo this morning
    Sentenced to 310 years for crimes against modelling and rendering.

run gpedit.msc, then in User Configuration->Administrative Templates->Windows Components-> Tablet PC->Cursors, set 'Turn off pen feedback' to Enabled.

That combined with disabling all Tablet Input /Tablet PC services (besides Wacom's of course) and uninstalling the Tablet PC Components via the 'Turn Windows features off' panel helped giving me back control of my wacom on Windows 7.

(It's insane this has to be done on a Desktop pc anyway, but hey, i guess MS knows what's best for us all )
    Last edited by Red_Oddity; 05-14-2013 at 03:44 AM.
    I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious. - Albert Einstein
    visit my company site : House of Secrets
    visit my personal site : svenneve.com

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Oddity View Post
    run gpedit.msc, then in User Configuration->Administrative Templates->Windows Components-> Tablet PC->Cursors, set 'Turn off pen feedback' to Enabled.

That combined with disabling all Tablet Input /Tablet PC services (besides Wacom's of course) and uninstalling the Tablet PC Components via the 'Turn Windows features off' panel helped giving me back control of my wacom on Windows 7.

(It's insane this has to be done on a Desktop pc anyway, but hey, i guess MS knows what's best for us all )
    Ahh I see, thanks, I had already done so, but perhaps I missed some service or other. While I can see the initial changes to Windows catching out a developer, I can't help but feel it's probably not a great undertaking to have the tablet drivers disable all this nonsense much as ZBrush appears to have done so when it is running. I could be doing them a disservice, but I think as the go to manufacturer in the West for tablets, Wacom has been sitting on its laurels for some time, looking at some of their responses has certainly not filled me with awe.

The little application that captures the pen click and substitutes it for a mouse click nullifies pressure sensitivity from being utilized (though it is still visibly working when you open the Wacom control panel), but as pressure matters not in LW, I can live with it for the time being.

Thanks again.

Could Newtek disable any windows touch stuff going on instead? I'm fed up with my tablet being unusable for painting... nightmare.

This error seems to be different on each person's machine.
    LairdSquared | 3D Design & Animation

Desk Work:
    HP Z840, Dual Xeon E5-2690 v2, 32GB RAM, Quadro K5000 4GB
    Desk Home:
    HP Z620, Dual Xeon E5-2680, 80GB RAM, Geforce 1050 Ti 4GB

Still sucks.
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Oddity View Post

(It's insane this has to be done on a Desktop pc anyway, but hey, I guess MS knows what's best for us all )
    I did all this and it didn't help with the lag.
    ~~Phil Nolan
    www.philnolan3d.com - Twitter - YouTube
    Win 10 Home x64, Core i7 3.4 GHz, GeForce GT 640, 16GB RAM
    Laptop: Win10 x64, Core I7 8th gen, 1.8 GHz, 16GB RAM

It won't work on win 8. For windows 8 no such easy fix.
    This is the easy way to fix it in windows 7 though.
    http://viziblr.com/news/2011/8/13/fi...windows-7.html

So I set this program up, though the instructions were pretty confusing. It seems to work just fine, but do I have to run this program manually every time I start my computer?

One random thing I notice is that previously I could flick up and down to scroll web pages, and now I can't. not a big deal since I generally don't use my pen for web browsing.
    Last edited by Philbert; 05-14-2013 at 07:16 PM.
    ~~Phil Nolan
    www.philnolan3d.com - Twitter - YouTube
    Win 10 Home x64, Core i7 3.4 GHz, GeForce GT 640, 16GB RAM
    Laptop: Win10 x64, Core I7 8th gen, 1.8 GHz, 16GB RAM

Windows 8 sucks for me because SpeedEDIT won't work on my HP Envy DV-6 Laptop...
    TriCaster Mini Advanced Edition with NDI Camera, LightWave 11.5 + SpeedEDIT 4.2
    Music by www.soundtraxxmusic.com
    Available in The NewTek Store: https://store.newtek.com/index.php/content/soundtrack-bundle.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Philbert View Post
    So I set this program up, though the instructions were pretty confusing. It seems to work just fine, but do I have to run this program manually every time I start my computer?

One random thing I notice is that previously I could flick up and down to scroll web pages, and now I can't. not a big deal since I generally don't use my pen for web browsing.
    I think so, I only use it with LW so I start it up when I want to use LW and disable the click on the pen. I didn't have any issues with ZBrush that I noticed but I tried with that anyway and the pressure wasn't utilized, even though you can see the pressure meter changing in the Wacom panel, so it doesn't seem suitable for full time use. I just wanted to stop the pen hijinks in LW. Perhaps the next Wacom drivers will allow the tablet to function properly.

Or perhaps, following the ongoing tradition of only using every other version of Windows, Windows 9 will actually step back and let us use our tools.

Win8 greeted me this morning by another double boot..."Sorry, we can't find your profile, a temporary one has been assigned."
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

Quote Originally Posted by shrox View Post
    Win8 greeted me this morning by another double boot..."Sorry, we can't find your profile, a temporary one has been assigned."
    Sorry to hear that. I do resell windows and I got windows 8 through the channel last year august when it was RTM. I find very very good and stable, I hate to see Start menu go, but actually start menu hasen't gone it was changed into metro, this is what metro is, a mega start menu. The problem is, that the software is not ready for metro so installing a lot of software required from the OS, like codecs, players, zip, acrobat, only utilities will bring 100 icons on Metro interface wich sucks big time. Windows 8 is really simple and limited, I would not recommend buying it, just upgrade to PRO. The idea is, found out a month ago, from a presentation and discution with intel and Microsoft that finally metro will completely replace desktop, and soon, like 2, 3 years. I was expecting, but no info yet so see the new windows explorer under Metro. About PC, the sales didn't decline because of windows 8, because of bad economy but because INTEL doesn't want the PC anymore on this form. At the presentetation we have asked, because we are warried, i'm selling lots of INTEL motherboards, why is INTEL leaving the motherboards market starting 2014 and how warranty bla bla bla is going forward. They said in simple words clear word that the PC doesn't offer a margin for profit anymore so all INTEL efforts will be concentrating on mobile, especially on Ultrabooks because this is what they want people to educate so they will make a bigger profit. On the other hand Microsoft did a great thing, an ecosystem, Phone with Tablet with Laptop with PC and probably with Xbox infinity or how it is called. I love the versatility of my Android phone, great for fun but I hate that I have 20 apps with 25 interfaces, one will swipe from left, another will have a pressed button for a few sec, another does thing another way, some icons similar across apps do different things and so on, a great gadget, but annoying productivity. Can't wait to buy an windows 8 phone to use same software with the same interface across everything I do, and also across Microsoft web accounts, cloud etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Farrell View Post
    Windows 8 sucks for me because SpeedEDIT won't work on my HP Envy DV-6 Laptop...

It AIN'T windows 8 in that scenario.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast