Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lightwave 11.5 Extremely BUGGY!!!! Need these issues fixed

Lightwave 11.5 Extremely BUGGY!!!! Need these issues fixed

Hi Guys

Why are their so many things that worked perfectly in Lightwave 11.03 that are extremely flawed in 11.5. I absolutely love lightwave but this is getting a bit ridiculous

For instance open up a instance scene in layout (Grass and LW Logos.lws) for example. Go into the instance editor and click on the check marks turning off the different instances and guess what nothing happens in the viewport it doesn't reflect the change, In Lightwave 11.03 same machine works as expected.

Add a texture to a model in layout using the surface editor. Click on the "T" for example in the Color tab to add a texture map. Once added if you un check the layer name it doesn't show that change in the viewport.

It like the viewport is not showing any changes for many things.

I could go on and on with tons of bugs I am finding in this version that work find in 11.0.3 Why are things like this getting broken and why are they not getting picked up through the beta testing?

Sorry for the rant I'm just getting really frustrated when simple things like this are broken in the new version. This should of never been realeased out to the public like this or their should be a fix for this by now.

Thanks,
    Jason
    Last edited by jboudreau; 04-22-2013 at 10:48 PM.

“There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” ~ Derek Jeter

iMac Pro
    "iCan" Mac Pro
    MacBook Pro
    Multiple Mac Minis

Quote Originally Posted by Spinland View Post
    Hi

Supposedley most of these issues have already been fogbugged. But that still doesn't change the fact that they shouldn't even be their in the first place. I can see issues with new tools but not stuff that has been working for the past 6 or 7 versions that's just ridiculous in my opinion

Also I have used fogbugz before and to be honest it seems to be a waste of time. My problem was never addressed and the fogbugz was never even looked at.

Thanks,
    Jason

Granted, and I've found myself frustrated, too. Just wasn't sure whether you were aware of the procedure to get them looked at (as opposed to venting here, which does feel good).
    “There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” ~ Derek Jeter

iMac Pro
    "iCan" Mac Pro
    MacBook Pro
    Multiple Mac Minis

Quote Originally Posted by Spinland View Post
    Granted, and I've found myself frustrated, too. Just wasn't sure whether you were aware of the procedure to get them looked at (as opposed to venting here, which does feel good).
    Thanks man, I know what you mean. They really have to start beta testing with real world objects instead of boxes and balls. I could spend a whole 2 days just fogbugging everything I go to do I find a bug. It's really hard to believe that these bugs where not seen during the beta testing.

Thanks,
    Jason

Well I'm pretty sure they're working on a maintenance update so if there was a time to fogbugz it, the time is now.

You should continue to submit bug reports, or follow up on the ones you feel haven't been resolved. It's easy for a bug to slip through the cracks. Following up is a great way to get the bug back on their radar.
    My opinions and comments do not represent those of my employer.
    Profile piece
    2010 Reel
    'The X's' Reel

I had several reports outstanding, then all of a sudden I received a spate of updates and requests for more information, followed by reports of them being fixed. Things are definitely on the move right now.

iMac Pro
    "iCan" Mac Pro
    MacBook Pro
    Multiple Mac Minis

Thanks guys, Well I can tell you one major bug that I found that they would love to get fog bugged. How to use lightwave 11.5 on multiple computers using the same license file. Now that was a serious bug they missed.

That sounds like network licensing to me, which is technically a feature request. Submit it and hopefully it's something that will get added as that's something I would definitely find useful.
    My opinions and comments do not represent those of my employer.
    Profile piece
    2010 Reel
    'The X's' Reel

Quote Originally Posted by nickdigital View Post
    That sounds like network licensing to me, which is technically a feature request. Submit it and hopefully it's something that will get added as that's something I would definitely find useful.
    Somewhat You know when you go and try and use lightwave 11.5 on another machine for example your laptop and it says their is no seat available because lightwave is running on your desktop well their is a bug to get around that no seat available screen where it doesn't come up and you have lightwave running on both your laptop and desktop at the same time.

Thanks,
    Jason

Heffalump
    I'm not sure what you mean. It's a license violation to have more sessions of LW running than you have licenses for. If it blocks you from doing so, that's intended. If there's a false error because you aren't running LW on another machine at the same time, that would be a bug.

Note that this also covers using Modeler on one machine and Layout on another. With one license, you can't do that - you can run both applications at the same time on a single machine, but not Modeler on one and Layout on the other. Just like you weren't able to do so with the dongle license control
    Inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean. It's a license violation to have more sessions of LW running than you have licenses for. If it blocks you from doing so, that's intended. If there's a false error because you aren't running LW on another machine at the same time, that would be a bug.

Note that this also covers using Modeler on one machine and Layout on another. With one license, you can't do that - you can run both applications at the same time on a single machine, but not Modeler on one and Layout on the other. Just like you weren't able to do so with the dongle license control
    Hi Phil

Yes I know it's a license violation and I don't do it because I have one machine that uses my dongle license and one that uses my file license. But what I am saying for those that would want to run two versions at the same time their is a flaw in the licensing that would allow someone to use lightwave on two different machines. I know you can use layout or modeler more than once on the same machine but this is not what I am talking about. I am talking about running layout on one machine and modeler or layout on a second machine. For example open up layout on machine 1 (desktop) and running layout on machine 2 (laptop) at the same time. I know you couldn't do this before with the dongle security but you can with the license file security because of this flaw/bug I came across.

Thanks,
    Jason
    Last edited by jboudreau; 04-22-2013 at 07:30 PM.

^^ I myself find this very interesting 'feature'. I've installed LW on my desktop and laptop computers. My desktop has the dongle, my laptop has the file. I never use my laptop at home when I have a powerhouse as a desktop. When I'm out of the house, the file license works on my laptop while my desktop is shut down at home and nobody can launch LW there. I'm not running LW at the same time on multiple computers, so no violation of licensing if you ask me and also no struggle with dongle .

Quote Originally Posted by COBRASoft View Post
    ^^ I myself find this very interesting 'feature'. I've installed LW on my desktop and laptop computers. My desktop has the dongle, my laptop has the file. I never use my laptop at home when I have a powerhouse as a desktop. When I'm out of the house, the file license works on my laptop while my desktop is shut down at home and nobody can launch LW there. I'm not running LW at the same time on multiple computers, so no violation of licensing if you ask me and also no struggle with dongle .
    Hi

What does everyone mean by violation of licensing. I'm using lightwave legally and how it's suppose to be used. All I'm saying is their is a bug/flaw that allows someone to use lightwave on 2 different machines.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast