Thread: LWCAD woes - again

Eh, what?

LWCAD woes - again

Starting today, my LWCAD4.5 seems to be missing something rather fundamental: I can't draw a curve, or a circle, or pretty much anything that's not straight 2D lines - circle tool returns a square, curve tool doesn't curve and so on and so forth. This seems to go deeper than mere drawing, because I cannot convert polylines to curves either - it just doesn't do anything. It had happened before (I believe it was 3.6) but back then, v4.0 came out and the upgrade "fixed" things.

I've already tried everything I could think of - not much, admittedly - i.e. loading defaults in LWCAD options, deleting and re-adding the plug-in, restarting the PC... no dice.

Help?!

ADP.

Stuck in a very big cube Waves of light's Avatar
    You might need to email Viktor with a bug report - [email protected]

Systen Spec: i7 4930k (OC @4.5ghz),ASUS p9x79 MB, 32GB Ballistix RAM, H60 cooling, Samsung SSD 120GB, WD 1TB

Have you followed the install instructions carefully? You must remove the previous version completely before installing the new one. On the site of W-Tools is a video explaining how to do it right.

Are you sure you've installed all 3 of the plug-ins? I had something like this happen recently and it was because I just installed the main plug-in forgetting to install the lwcad_cur.p and lwcad_dim.p

Eh, what?
    I did have all three plug-ins, after performing a clean install as per Viktor's video - what irks me is that it'd worked flawlessly until a few minutes before; and as I mentioned, it wasn't the first time this happened, and the last time it was on a different machine - so sudden inexplicable file corruption seems out of the question. Now I've completely removed LW11 and LW10 (just to be safe), deleted some LWCAD pseudo-config from users/newtek, re-downloaded the plug-in and performed another "fresh" install and lo and behold, it seems to be working again. All rather mysterious, what? Oh, do I hate non-reproducible bugs!

ADP.

Just hit Alt-F11 and Add Plugins and re-add the three LWCAD plugins, works for me every time.

B
    Ben Vost - NewTek LightWave 3D development
    LightWave 3D Trial Edition
    AMD Threadripper 1950X, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (4GB and 768 CUDA cores) and GTX 1080 (8GB and 2560 CUDA cores) driver version 430.86
    AMD FX8350 4.2 GHz, Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64-bit, 16GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (416.34, 4GB and 768 CUDA cores)
    Dell Server, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Xeon E3-1220 @3.10 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Quadro K620
    Laptop with Intel i7, nVidia Quadro 2000Mw/ 2GB (377.83 and 192 CUDA cores), Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 8GB RAM
    Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 10.10.3

I had problems , not saying it will fix yours but, deleting my configs did the trick. Plus pretty much what every one else said.

How Old? Really? Aww Heck colkai's Avatar
    Yep, delete of config files, or manual removal of plugins and menu branches from LW, close modeller, re-open and re-install. That has not failed me yet with plugin hiccups.
    That said, I have not had any issues with LWCad4.5 at all. Naught but joy for me at present.
    Too old to die young.

Had some strange querks as well, have been searching for an hour or so, trying to find why all of a sudden LWCAD doesn't do it's profiler command, keeps telling me there are no curves in primary layer (there sure are)
    And why it keeps making square circles. Only after finding this thread and adding plugins again it seems to work ... for now at least.... sigh

Don't install the plugins in the plugin directory. Give them a folder in the Programs dir called LWCad or something you like.

It works fine in all of my installs in a subdirectory of /Plugins that is created to hold all 3rd-party plugins only. One-offs go directly into /Plugins/3rd. Where an author has many, like DP, DB&W, IFW2, TrueArt, they go into their own subdirectories within /3rd. So, DB&W plugins are in /Plugins/3rd/DB&W. LWCAD is in /Plugins/3rd/Wtools. In an uninstall/reinstall occurs, the /3rd directory is untouched. Everything works fine and if I have Autoscan on, they are all found.
    Blown Glass · Carbon Fiber + Imagination

Spherical Magic | We Build Cool Stuff!

"When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction." - Mark Twain