Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Convert H.264 files to something SE can understand?

Im no SE user (FCP) but that sounds like you dont have your project set up to match your imported files. Maybe thats not an issue with SE but i know FCP will act the same way if i haven't matched my Sequence to the source files.
    Glad your making some progress though, always a good idea to check out the CD that comes with any hardware
    [][][][V1][][][]

That shouldn't be an issue. SpeedEdit was built to be "format agnostic" so you can mix and match source formats within the timeline.

That said, you can only effectively do that if it's a source format that SpeedEdit can handle well. I'd keep trying at conversions to find the right tool path to get from the .264 to something that SpeedEdit can ingest cleanly.
    Toasting with NewTek since 1991 - Corinthian Media Services
    Riding Quiet on an Electric Ninja.

Quote Originally Posted by Shabazzy View Post
    But if you really had to convert the .264 files you could try: http://swann.com/downloads/drivers/D...r-V1.8.0.0.exe

or have a look in their driver file site at: http://swann.com/downloads/drivers/

for clues.
    That first program, at least by name, is the very one I used. I'll check into the other.

I did something that is similar to what Shabbazy suggested that was a success. I have this piece of software called CamStudio that records a rectangle of video right off the screen. It is free. If I preset the size of the record window to the video size it makes it easier to manage. I played the videos with Windows Media Player that I created using AVIGenerator and recorded them with CamStudio. This produced two *.wmv files that SE understands. I used SE to create a spoof on a friend of mine that visited my house during working hours. You can view it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jXbAa4uikY
    Last edited by PabloMack; 05-10-2013 at 08:27 PM.

Blog Entries
    Oh, you're sooooo bad.

I hope you're friend's got a sense of humour (or I guess his .38 will let you know).

In any case, I'm glad you found a solution that worked.

Shabazzy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12