Thread: DVD Professional Creating Software Search

DVD Professional Creating Software Search

I am currently using Roxio DVDiT Pro HD version 6.3. Operating on Window 7 Professional Computer and also on an XP Pro computer. I'm very happy with the results, however they are no longer offering any updates of this software (since about 2010). I like this software a lot due to it's stability and pro-results and the fact it lets me create my own menus with my own video background etc (doesn't force me to use templets). The current other DVD creating software offered by Roxio is designed for the "hobbyist" with forced templets and is buggy. Even the so called "Pro" versions. It's almost like they are offering the DVD software to perform tons of task, but none of them great. The selling point being more bang for the buck..."and all for under $100" whoo whoo.

I am in search of Pro DVD creating software that again lets me be templet free if I chose to be, as well as stable. I'm looking for true Professional DVD software, with a budget of cost $500 - $1000, which is what the DVDiT Pro HD cost when I purchased it in 2008.

One of my goals, if it is possible, is to put SD video on Blu-Ray DVD's. The idea is simply to have more hours of SD video on a Blu-Ray DVD rather than being limited to the 2 hrs of a SD DVD. The DVDit Pro will let me put SD on a Blu-Ray, but wants to bump it up to HD format during the rendering, so I'm still limited to 2 hrs or so.

Any assistance would be great.

Thanks in advance to all.
    Tim

(PS) I apologize if this subject has been spoken about before, but with NT updating the forum design, I've been having trouble searching for subject / forums.
    www.VisionTecVideo.com

I use DVD Architect. You can get it with Sony Movie Studio for about $100. I can load anything into it and it outputs to DVD and Blu-ray. There are templates, but you can create your own.

Thanks for the information. It looks like it will do what I need it too. Do you know if it will let me put SD on a Blu-Ray with the end result being able to have a total of 8-10 hrs of SD video programing on a Blu-Ray?
    www.VisionTecVideo.com

Architect lets you set up your project for either DVD or Blu-ray (there are about 30 different settings for blu-ray). You can then load any format (SD, HD) into the DVD or Blu-ray menu and output it. I can't tell you if you can fit 8-10 hours of SD programming on a Blu-ray. That will depend on things like resolution size (Blu-ray disk resolution can be set as low as 720x480 in 4:3 or 16:9 format.

Perfect sounds like I've found what I needed. THANKS SOOOOOOOOOOO VERY MUCH !!!!
    www.VisionTecVideo.com