Thread: Problems with shift camera in Lw 11.5

Newbie Member

Problems with shift camera in Lw 11.5

Since version 11.5, I have a big problem with the shift camera: the rendered image doesn't fit to the camera view
    in layout. The image is (when the camera, for example, is turned downwards a little bit) moved a bit away from the
    top, at the bottom a part is cut off and the whole image is a little bit stretched vertically.

Opening an existing LW-11.2-scene in LW 11.5 or building a new scene in LW 11.5 show the same wrong results.

Make a simple box with modeler tools (a box 1m x 1m x 3m high), move shift camera with angle downwards 20 degrees
    for example near to the box, so that the box fills the screen, and render - the 11.2-result is identical to the
    camera view, the 11.5 version not.

I hope there will be soon a workaround or a bugfix. I create technical illustrations and often have to use the
    shift cam, or have to reopen older scenes with shift cam, in these cases I have to use LW 11.2.
    But it is no fun to work one day with LW 11.5, next day I have to use LW 11.2 and receive the "HUB is not running
    error" (fortunately I found the workaround in this forum with deleting all the HUB-files in the C:\temp directory)

I feel your pain. I put in a bug report on this a while ago. So far no response from Newtek: https://fogbugz.newtek.com/default.a...hkraqmj5sus84a

This would be a pretty major deal for most of the archViz guys here so add me to the bunch that's anticipating this fix.

Saw this just now, have reassigned the bug and will have a look at it for you.

Edit: I can reproduce here and will see what we can do about it.
    Last edited by jameswillmott; 03-18-2013 at 11:30 PM.
    LightWave3D training, assets, news and discussion at www.liberty3d.com
    My opinions are my own and do not represent the opinions of any other entity, Liberty3D is not officially endorsed by NewTek.

Newbie Member
    Thank you, jameswillmott, I hope you will be successful soon!