Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Visiting

Yes! More stuff Louise please!

+1
    Salut!,
    Allabulle.

OOh awesome stuff! Can't wait to see more animations!

Thanks guys! I've an animatic of the first 1-2 minutes and am going to make a discerned effort to get it done

Little test of the HUD: https://vimeo.com/85935461

Going to make he internal material a bit more space-age and a bit less dirty and maybe have some more light radiating from the HUD's cyan colour.
    Personal: louisdumont.com | Company: weareformation.com | Texture: supertextures.co.uk | Visiting Short: visitingshort.com

Haha love it! You would also get some reflection of the occupant, but then you may not want to reveal that!

Stuck in a very big cube Waves of light's Avatar
    Like the HUD test and looking forward to seeing this finished. Once it is, would you consider selling a 3D print of the 'Visitor'? He'd look great on my desk.
    Last edited by Waves of light; 02-05-2014 at 02:12 PM.

Systen Spec: i7 4930k (OC @4.5ghz),ASUS p9x79 MB, 32GB Ballistix RAM, H60 cooling, Samsung SSD 120GB, WD 1TB

Great work, good job he didn't get stomped on.
    Art and photography Flickr site
    Animation, facial rigging, modelling ArtStation
    Assorted animations Robert Ireland

I like the Head's up display, but prefer the glass look of your previous POV test, I think it's important that we can see a fairly clear view of things out there, just from a story telling point of view.

@Tobian Yeah, I know what you mean, maybe I can get away with some nondescript highlights of 'something' reflecting on the helmet glass

@Waves of Light Definitely! I'm pretty happy with the print I got out of it and it sits on my desk as a constant reminder to keep working on it!

@djwaterman Thanks for the crit. Agreed, I'm thinking of darkening the inside of his helmet too and have the HUD out of focus (only by a little) and have what he's looking at sharp.
    Personal: louisdumont.com | Company: weareformation.com | Texture: supertextures.co.uk | Visiting Short: visitingshort.com

Beautiful work as always. Are you doing your 3d track in After Effects or something more specialized?

It's quite a dilemma what you want to bring forward. Does the visitor perceive colors as we do? Now the picture
    suggests somehow subconsciously that we see the image through human eyes as wee see the colors as we would.
    I would maybe go for a colorized Hue/Saturation effect, so let's say all is bluish. That's a cliché I know, just thinking loud.

@realgray Trying to use After Effects as much as possible. Boujou was what I used in the past, which has some nice refinement tools.
    @bazsa73 It's true, It'd be quite nive to play around with an alternative grade for the pov shots, adds a little more mystery as to who/what is in the suit.

I've went out and got most of the shots for the first episode yesterday. Shooting mostly in one location, gorilla style with a few of us from the studio and the first use of an actor, which was fun compared to capturing incidental people for the visiting character to interact with.

Here are a few of the short with a temp grade I'm working on.

Also start to get my head around Rhiggit v2 and using it with IpiSoft for motion capture and clean up!

Also have a little website up and running for it too visitingshort.com

Your camera work looks fully pro, like a proper movie. I'll be keeping a watch on that website.

Quote Originally Posted by djwaterman View Post
    Your camera work looks fully pro, like a proper movie. I'll be keeping a watch on that website.
    Thanks man! It's the Panasonic GH4, I'm pretty happy with the sort of results it can achieve for a pretty accessible camera. Thanks also for covering it on you blog Hopefully should have the rigging done next week to start motion capture.

Stuck in a very big cube Waves of light's Avatar
    So happy to see further progress on the short. Site looks good too. You've got some really nice stuff coming out of the GH4. Can't wait to see it progress.

Systen Spec: i7 4930k (OC @4.5ghz),ASUS p9x79 MB, 32GB Ballistix RAM, H60 cooling, Samsung SSD 120GB, WD 1TB

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast