Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LiveText with "live" graphics integration?

Quote Originally Posted by frank.leggett View Post
    Sorry to butt into this thread but I was wondering if someone could answer my newbie question about Livetext Live updating.

I am starting to write a small Visual Basic form to update text for txt linker but I noticed your post mentioned .cg files. At the moment I have to use Livetext to send the caption to tricaster. Is it possible to do .cg templates with Livetext and load them into tricaster during production then update them on the laptop but changing the text file. If tried to do this but the %text% text links didn't work.

I have searched through the Livetext manual but I couldn't find the answer there.
    It is not possible, no. Only the stand-alone version of Livetext incorporates the Datalink features.
    E. Lee Dickinson | President
    Advanced Visual Production | sound.lighting.video.design
    www.avprva.com

Tricaster 850, 460AE, and TC-1
    JVC GY-HM200u, Canon XLH1, Fieldcast and BMD Fiber

Thanks for that, just to confirm it doesn't matter that I have a standalone version on another laptop connected to Tricasterr. The .cg files loading into Tricaster won't reference my tax file because the version of Livetext imbedded in tricaster doesn't support the txt linker.

The .cg files are LiveText project files. Title pages exported by LT for use in TriCaster are .cgxml files. I'm not so sure that the integrated LT can't create pages with embedded links, I think it does - but they'd need to be run in an outboard standalone LT for embedded Datalink fields to work.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

I would then say a future feature might be to be able to create CG pages in a standalone unit with embedded links and then be able to load them into the Tricaster project so that they can be played as a loop of pages. During my production I have periods when only signage is being displayed and it would be very useful if this was dynamic so that I could update the data on these pages without stopping the loop and reloading a new version of the page into the media bin.

The main purpose of the standalone version is to offload the live CG work to an external system, Frank, including Datalink connections and updates - with the intention of feeding title pages to TriCaster live across the network. Being able to author title pages externally for use in a Media Player is a secondary benefit.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Twitch.tv/SCGTour
    Quote Originally Posted by frank.leggett View Post
    Sorry to butt into this thread but I was wondering if someone could answer my newbie question about Livetext Live updating.

I am starting to write a small Visual Basic form to update text for txt linker but I noticed your post mentioned .cg files. At the moment I have to use Livetext to send the caption to tricaster. Is it possible to do .cg templates with Livetext and load them into tricaster during production then update them on the laptop but changing the text file. If tried to do this but the %text% text links didn't work.

I have searched through the Livetext manual but I couldn't find the answer there.
    I haven't tried using LiveText projects on the TriCaster itself. My setup always has a separate LiveText machine.

The feature that reads in data to replace %Variables% is called DataLink. It's possible you could get that working on the TriCaster, but it would take someone much more knowledgeable than I to get it set up.

EDIT: Whoops, this was already responded to with a clear explanation, I just missed the second page of posts. Sorry for the necro.

Digging this thread up rather than creating a new one - my issue is similar to the ones above. Judging by Lee-AVP's screenshot, we are using the same program to create our .txt files. Here is my issue:

The text file that is generated has a key value pair that will read either:
    flagimg=green.png
    flagimg=red.png
    flagimg=yellow.png
    flagimg=white.png
    flagimg=finish.png

It doesn't actually create this images, it just outputs that line based off of the status of the race. Now, I created images titled green.png, red.png, etc and put them in the Text Input folder. If I edit the .txt file that is generated and list the full path of my image (C:\Program Files (x86)\NewTek\LiveText\Stats Plugins\Text Input\red.png), it will display the image in live text properly. It will change the image as I change the .txt file. But it's not feasible to do that as this .txt file is auto generated every second.

So what I can't figure out is how to explain to LiveText that flagimg=green.png=C:\Program Files (x86)\NewTek\LiveText\Stats Plugins\Text Input\red.png. I've tried every key value pair I can think of and nothing seems to work. Any ideas on how to accomplish this? Is there somewhere else I should be storing these images where LiveText would pick up on them just as the file name?

Twitch.tv/SCGTour
    Quote Originally Posted by jbateman107 View Post
    Digging this thread up rather than creating a new one - my issue is similar to the ones above. Judging by Lee-AVP's screenshot, we are using the same program to create our .txt files. Here is my issue:

The text file that is generated has a key value pair that will read either:
    flagimg=green.png
    flagimg=red.png
    flagimg=yellow.png
    flagimg=white.png
    flagimg=finish.png

It doesn't actually create this images, it just outputs that line based off of the status of the race. Now, I created images titled green.png, red.png, etc and put them in the Text Input folder. If I edit the .txt file that is generated and list the full path of my image (C:\Program Files (x86)\NewTek\LiveText\Stats Plugins\Text Input\red.png), it will display the image in live text properly. It will change the image as I change the .txt file. But it's not feasible to do that as this .txt file is auto generated every second.

So what I can't figure out is how to explain to LiveText that flagimg=green.png=C:\Program Files (x86)\NewTek\LiveText\Stats Plugins\Text Input\red.png. I've tried every key value pair I can think of and nothing seems to work. Any ideas on how to accomplish this? Is there somewhere else I should be storing these images where LiveText would pick up on them just as the file name?
    If you're able to run a quick test, try putting two of the .pngs in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\NewTek\LiveText\" directory, as that is my guess for where it looks for them first. If there is a "Datalink" directory, try there as well. The other option I can think of would be your "home" directory (I think C:\Users\[username]\ )

Basically, the way Windows works, unless LiveText's programming specifies a directory, it will first look in whatever the default directory windows chooses for it, which is likely either the executable's location, or the user's "working directory."

I assume modifying the software to add some sort of "prefix" to all the filenames isn't an option?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12