Thread: No "Keyable" option?

No "Keyable" option?

Hello - I am hoping someone has some insight that will help me. I am using a pre-existing virtual set that came with VSE - however, when editing the RIGHT angle, my Input A has no "keyable" option to it. So when I export to my Tricaster, the center view looks great, but when I switch to the right angle, my talent has a big black box behind them instead of it being keyed out. What am I doing wrong???

In VSE, when looking at the right and left angles, input A is just a red box with a big A in the middle - how can I convert this to a keyable input???

Bumping to see if anyone has any ideas or similar experiences with this... it looks like a few different premade sets (with multiple angles) that came with VSE have this problem.

What version of VSE is this?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

A screenshot just to illustrate better what I am talking about:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    What version of VSE is this?
    This is VSE 2

OK, thanks. Turns out this is a legitimate content bug. It will be fixed in the next release build, but in the interim, I'll post a replacement file here for you as soon as I can lay hands on it.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Here we go. Drop the unzipped file into C:\TriCaster\Effects\LiveSets\Templates\Demo Studio\ , replacing the existing file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Awesome, thank you!

No problem, sorry for the difficulty, and thanks for pointing it out.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

I just installed VSE 2 and I am having this same issue with the Prime Time set. There is no "keyable" option on the Input A Source selector. Is this also a bug or is there something else I need to do?

I just checked this on a system here. Bear in mind that my software is almost certainly different than yours, but this is what I see: VSE does not show a Keyable switch for input A in Prime Time. Even so, the proxy image on the canvas is shown as keyed. And when I render the set, I am free to turn LiveMatte on or off in the M/E. Are you seeing anything different than that?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

When working with VSE2 standalone last night, the proxy image would only show up when I chose "seated" as the Style, with Input A selected as the Source.
    However I was using the "Standing" Style in my customized version, cause I had the Desk turned off. So I used a still image frame grab, with alpha channel, as my proxy for setting up the Set's presets, etc. Then, I changed the Source from the still image back to Input A before Saving and taking it to the Tricaster 855.
    Once loaded in the Tricaster, the Input A image would only show up as a black rectangle, even though I had LiveMatte enabled on the camera switcher input. I could not get it to key.

I ended up starting over with the Prime Time set using the Tricaster's install of the VSE2, and just using the "seated" style proxy, even though my talent would actually be standing.

Meanwhile, I downloaded and installed VSE 2.01 from the newtek site on my standalone VSE machine (essentially a re-install since it looked like the same build number as the original install from the USB drive).
    I didn't have the time to open the re-installed version last night, but today when I opened the Standalone VSE, my original customized Prime Time set, still behaves the same as last night.

However, if I open the original (uncustomized) Prime Time set on the standalone, now I get the proxy for any Style that I select.
    This makes me think my problem was caused by something I did when making changes, or possibly from using an alpha channel still image as the Source while customizing.
    Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by uivpc View Post
    However I was using the "Standing" Style in my customized version, cause I had the Desk turned off. So I used a still image frame grab, with alpha channel, as my proxy for setting up the Set's presets, etc.
    This was helpful info, thanks. I'm not sure why the standing proxy failed the first time, but the rest is clear now on explanation. We tested this here, and found that you have stumbled onto a previously unreported bug. If you change the input proxy to a still image, even temporarily, you lose the ability to toggle keying afterward (it would be restored if you just exited without saving and avoided doing that).

We've entered a bug report - sorry about the confusion, and good catch!
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Steve, Thanks for looking into my issue and providing an explanation. Lucky me, to find an unreported bug :/

I have a related question:

In my workaround, I used the "seated" Style to set zoom presets for my *standing* talent (Input A). Does the Style selection have any affect on the resolution/quality of the Input A when keying? or does it only determine the type of proxy?

Quote Originally Posted by uivpc View Post
    or does it only determine the type of proxy?
    'That'.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator