Thread: I can't get Rounder to work on this model. Very frustrated!

I can't get Rounder to work on this model. Very frustrated!

I am using LW 11.03.

I have the attached model that I need to use rounder on to create a smooth edge. Nothing I do will work. Either I get a very chewey radius or I get one of those zero vector errors.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions on this.

Thank you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ToiletRounderImage.png 
Views:	83 
Size:	349.8 KB 
ID:	111415  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Don't have time to load & fix this at the moment, but your screenshot shows a ton of n-gons. Assuming your mesh is contiguous, there are polygons with > 4 sides on the top of the toilet rim to the hole which attached to quads around the edge of the hole. I thought Rounder only worked with quad polygons. I'm guessing you either got this rather "unclean" model from somewhere else or you used Booleans to sculpt it. N-gons aren't evil (for rendering at least) but they do make typically simple modeling operations much harder. There are lots of ways to fix this (but Rounder isn't one of them), you could retopo the toilet with quads (but you'd need 3DCoat or something), you could copy and paste points to re patch this into quads, or if you have to stick with this geometry, you could create a shape which cuts the rounding into the rim and use Boolean subtract again... There's probably other ways, but I don't know of a plugin that does what you ask and handles n-gons.

You will need a better topology to your mesh

As sami suggested it's not gonna work with rounder on so many N-gons. Rounder mostly work only on clean geometry .
    RAM-Studio
    WS - Dual Xeon E5-2698v4/128GB/Win10x64/x TitanX(M) + 2x GTX 1080Ti + GTX 1080
    My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial

This mesh is modeler nightmare ;] Rounder can't work good in this situation. It is from 3ds max? ;] It have two scary uv maps ;p
    Try use Multishift tool like i did.

During modeling, you must look at statistic window. There should not be any 1,2 and more than 4 verticle polygons.

dxs_EdgeRelax.p can be helpfull:
    http://volutar.eu5.org/lwplugins.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wc_horror.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	743.8 KB 
ID:	111442  
    Last edited by MarcusM; 02-12-2013 at 06:05 AM.

the topology is not good,
    i'd just retopo / re-model the whole thing...

use SubD's
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

If is me I'd "flush" that model completely and make new one from scratch but that's not the point here .
    RAM-Studio
    WS - Dual Xeon E5-2698v4/128GB/Win10x64/x TitanX(M) + 2x GTX 1080Ti + GTX 1080
    My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    If is me I'd "flush" that model completely and make new one from scratch but that's not the point here .
    It was my first thought when i saw this ;]

Newbie Member
    It's far from perfect, but I rebuilt the inner lip and was then able to use rounder.
    It wasn't that hard to do.

Gordon