Thread: Any C SDK udates in LW 11.5?

Any C SDK udates in LW 11.5?

I asked in the LW 11.5 Arrived thread but I guess it got lost in all the other chatter.

It doesn't look as there were any updates that I have found. I guess all the new 3rd party developer tools that Rob Powers mentioned during SIGGRAPH were Python changes instead of updates to the C/C++ SDK.

Official info from someone in the LW 3D group would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by gclayton View Post
    I guess all the new 3rd party developer tools that Rob Powers mentioned during SIGGRAPH were Python changes instead of updates to the C/C++ SDK.
    Perhaps, but I'm not seeing much in the Python SDK docs about tool generation, nor useful working examples either, unfortunately. Did the stuff Rob mentioned make it into 11.5 at all?

Official info from someone in the LW 3D group would be appreciated.
    100% agree, I'd really like to know the status w.r.t. changes/improvements in LWSDK for 11.5 for both C/C++ & Python.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.4 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),32GB RAM, NV 980ti

Oh well, this reminds me of the CORE days when nobody from the LW Group would answer any questions!!!!!!

This is getting ridiculous!

Changes to the LWSDK are documented where they are always are, in the change history section of the LWSDK HTML documentation.

obfuscated SDK hacker Lightwolf's Avatar
    Some things aren't in the change list (such as the addition of a master-event comring, LW_PLUGIN_LIMBO_STATES was never documented either).

I recommend WinMerge to diff SDK directories to see all the changes: http://winmerge.org/downloads/

Cheers,
    Mike

Thanks for the response, although I would think that if the mention of new 3rd party tools were worthy of mentioning during Siggraph, that the new changes/tools would be highlighted when LW 11.5 was released.

Instead, we are told to find all the changes in the SDK html docs on our own.

Instead, we are told to find all the changes in the SDK html docs on our own.
    Well, the list of changes per version has _always_ been a part of the SDK (at least since the new documentation started after the dark ages) - so it certainly is always the first place to look at.

It may not always be complete and only covers the C SDK itself, but that's another issue.

Cheers,
    Mike

Wow! Lot's of new stuff...

Well, I took a look at the html for the 11.5 changes and there's not much there.

Wow! Lot's of new stuff...

Well, I took a look at the html for the 11.5 changes and there's not much there.
    Just out of curiosity, what did you expect?

Cheers,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwolf View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what did you expect?

Cheers,
    Mike
    I was expecting to find some "great new tools" that Rob stated would be available to 3rd party developers during one of his Siggraph presentations.

That's all. Just wanted him to deliver on what he states and let us know what tools he was referring too.

I was expecting to find some "great new tools" that Rob stated would be available to 3rd party developers during one of his Siggraph presentations.

That's all. Just wanted him to deliver on what he states and let us know what tools he was referring too.
    If I remember correctly that was referring to the changes in modeler. I can't remember a statement about the modeler core changes being available to third parties right away though (and that was certainly not the plan when I asked) - but the main new tools are likely the modeler ones which sit on a new geometry core.

Cheers,
    Mike