Thread: Understanding Genoma Manipulators

Understanding Genoma Manipulators

So how are these hands supposed to opperate. I only see the one orange sphere that moves the base of the finger. What is the indended use to create the finger curl? When I select the bones they don't rotate.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HandRig.jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	159.4 KB 
ID:	110991  
    All that is powerful or long standing is first conceived in the imagination; supported by the hope of possibility and then made manifest in our commitment of our current physical reality.

Goes bump in the night RebelHill's Avatar
    Use the bank axis of the controller. Personally, I find this hand setup very restrictive and no good for more detailed posing. You should find threres a separate hand rig preset that features more controls, so Id chop off this one and attach that one instead.
    LSR Surface and Rendering Tuts.
    RHiggit Rigging and Animation Tools
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

ex-LightWave documentation BeeVee's Avatar
    That's why I wrote this bit of the manual:

B
    Ben Vost
    LightWave 3D Docs wiki
    AMD Threadripper 1950X, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (4GB and 768 CUDA cores) and GTX 1080 (8GB and 2560 CUDA cores) driver version 456.71, 2x4K 23.5" monitors
    Dell Server, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Xeon E3-1220 @3.10 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Quadro K620
    Laptop with Intel i7, nVidia Quadro 2000Mw/ 2GB (377.83 and 192 CUDA cores), Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 8GB RAM
    Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 10.10.3

Love Genoma, though a couple of queries. On sending the rig to Layout I had to scour the plugins index to find the Create Genoma Rig control, it didn't appear in the left menu. As I was in Production mode, I changed the preset in the hope it would appear but still couldn't find it. Maybe it's a blip but it could be off putting to new users. Love the biped rig though the controllers are very small, is there a simple way to resize them uniformly?

Agree with Celshader it's brilliant having your characters rigged by Lino Grandi. There's also so much flexibility with the toolkit you don't have to be an engineering genius to bring characters to life. Still intending to purchase RebelHill's Rhiggit tools as it will be a good learning experience comparing the systems. It would be great to see a Max biped style walk cycle generator and auto weight map creator further down the line though plenty to play with for now. A great time for CA in Lightwave
    Last edited by bobakabob; 02-03-2013 at 05:35 AM.
    Art and photography Flickr site
    Animation, facial rigging, modelling ArtStation
    Assorted animations Robert Ireland

Very cool hand variations in there guys, thanks!

I think the Rhiggit spines and head float is amazing setup to use.
    All that is powerful or long standing is first conceived in the imagination; supported by the hope of possibility and then made manifest in our commitment of our current physical reality.

Top Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by bobakabob View Post
    Still intending to purchase RebelHill's Rhiggit tools as it will be a good learning experience comparing the systems. It would be great to see a Max biped style walk cycle generator and auto weight map creator further down the line though plenty to play with for now. A great time for CA in Lightwave
    You will learn tons from anything RH produces; it's like a masters course. His videos are loaded with theory and application. I find I reference them on a weekly, if not daily basis.