Thread: FiberfX in 11.5: unable to save instance configurations?

FiberfX in 11.5: unable to save instance configurations?

To test, I created a simple primitive and assigned the surface an instance of FiberFX. When I use the Edit drop down and select save (to save off the settings for future use), the dialog I get does not make it possible to save anything. It looks like a dialog to open an existing file, instead.
    “There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” ~ Derek Jeter

iMac Pro
    "iCan" Mac Pro
    MacBook Pro
    Multiple Mac Minis

Sent to Fogbugz.
    “There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” ~ Derek Jeter

iMac Pro
    "iCan" Mac Pro
    MacBook Pro
    Multiple Mac Minis

Hi,

I was using the save settings feature in FiberFX today and I only just now noticed that the save dialog says 'Open'. But when I hit the Enter key, it actually saves an .ffs file. I guess I never paid any attention to it this whole time because the dialog was doing what I wanted anyway. I should fog it because it's obviously confusing to anybody who reads.

BTW, are you on Windows or Mac? I first became aware of this issue when a Mac user reported it last week elsewhere in these forums. I'm on Windows 7 but I'm not certain if hitting Enter will make it save a file on the Mac platform.

G.

Thanks for the idea. I just tried it, but when I hit enter I just get the "denied" tone. The top of the dialog box shows "default.ffx" and even if it just saved as that I could live with renaming it, but no dice.

I'm on a Mac.

iMac Pro
    "iCan" Mac Pro
    MacBook Pro
    Multiple Mac Minis

Ugh, sorry to hear that it didn't work. I'll fog this too and mention the Mac issue.

G.

Much obliged.

iMac Pro
    "iCan" Mac Pro
    MacBook Pro
    Multiple Mac Minis