Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142

Thread: 11.5's BenchmarkMarbles.lws - share your machine's render time here

Still...Absolute Amateur scallahan1's Avatar
    Say it ain't so.

Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    Okay, so pursuing the idea of a "LW2018 benchmark scene", any thoughts on what all should be present surface-wise in order to produce a "taxing" scene for LW2018?

Put another way, which marbles'/objects' surfaces need to be significantly more taxing in the existing benchmark scene?
    How about a completely new scene showing modern 3D workloads, like an interior render? Here is an example of an LW2015 freebie, but it would need approval from Oscar and changes to LW2018 engine/materials.

https://oscaranchondo.wixsite.com/3dartist/loft

Another link: https://www.lightwave3d.com/news/art...ectural-scene/
    Last edited by Free4Ever; 06-09-2019 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Added link 2

Quote Originally Posted by scallahan1 View Post
    Yes, quite a shame. It was also throttling a bit while rendering. Suppose that's what you get when you jam that CPU inside a laptop.

Would like to try the 2018 converted version of the file. Has anyone uploaded it? Too tired (and lazy) to go through RH's awesome video and fix the surfaces.

Steve

PS> Fans are pretty loud at full gallop.
    If you render on a laptop, you always need a "laptop cooler" or "laptop cooling pad" to feed the laptop with cool air and keeping the desk and laptop cool. I am sure that you can shave off a lot of render time on the benchmark, with a good laptop cooler. The other benefit not written in reviews, is the extended life of the laptop, when running it cool.

Still...Absolute Amateur scallahan1's Avatar
    Hi Free,

I actually keep it elevated about 3/4" with old prescription bottle caps (nice big ones), one at each corner. Works great but that's a lot of cpu to stuff in a laptop with two GTX1080's as well. I can slide my fingers easily under it up to my palm.

Steve

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142