Thread: Kudos to LWG

Kudos to LWG

Y'all brought me back to the fold with the unveiling of 11.5 at Siggraph.

Something told me this was a good, and bold move. So I returned to LW after a few years hiatus. The last version I used was 7.5. I quit 3D and focused on my other passion; filmmaking.

I used to teach Lightwave at the Academy of Arts in San francisco wayyyy back in 2000/2001. Version 5.6 / 6.0, I believe. Hypervoxels was the shiznit!

11.5 has brought me back into LW. Genoma. AE integration. New modeling tools (promising a better interactive experience now and in future versions to come).

Despite the delay, your rollout was flawless. Beautiful execution.

I also see that many many others who have left like I did, are coming back as well.

Ya'll did an amazing job. Your passion and commitment for the software shows. Rob Powers and team should be proud.

Proud to be a 'waver again. And looking forward to what NewTeknologies you'll be giving to the masses in the near future.

Dillon
    Last edited by Dillon; 01-31-2013 at 09:01 PM.
    Video and Animation Auteur

And I'm goofy happy that I just rendered a 1 million+ poly scene with radiosity, motion blur, and antialiasing without optimization in 8 minutes at 720 HD with some minor rendering artifacts. Maybe 2 passes at motion blur needed.

Guess its time to learn about the new 'unified sampling' to decrease my render times.

YAY!
    Last edited by Dillon; 01-31-2013 at 09:24 PM.
    Video and Animation Auteur