Thread: Disc Tool

Disc Tool

I am attempting to create a disc that is one inch long with a diameter of .125 inches. It doesn't matter which axis because I can always rotate the disc. I have been using the "numeric" system. My knowledge of what goes where is limited because every time I enter information, the "numeric" fogs out; not blanks out like a completed object. What settings should I use and where? Any help is appreciated.
    Enjoy Life, this is not a rehearsal!!!

1. Make sure your unit settings are set to 'English' and Default Unit is 'Inches'.
    2. When activating the disc tool I'd set one of the ends to be at 0 so you can set the opposite side to be 1" long.
    3. Diameter is twice the radius. So in the radius field you could do .125"/2.
    My opinions and comments do not represent those of my employer.
    Profile piece
    2010 Reel
    'The X's' Reel

Thank you, I'm on my way.
    Enjoy Life, this is not a rehearsal!!!

You may not have properly activated the tool at the start. After selecting Create > Primitives > Disc, try then either clicking in one of the ortho viewports to activate, which hints the tool regarding the axis you want to draw from (in the case of a cylinder, the plane on which you want to define the "end" or "cap" of the shape), or you can hit the "n" key.

You may not have properly activated the tool at the start. After selecting Create > Primitives > Disc, try then either clicking in one of the ortho viewports to activate, which hints the tool regarding the axis you want to draw from (in the case of a cylinder, the plane on which you want to define the "end" or "cap" of the shape), or you can hit the "n" key.