Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: TurbulenceFD LightWave User Group Purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    I also noticed that there is still no way to see smoke and fireshader together in the opengl with the latest turbulenceFD, which I believe you can with houdini pyro for instance.
    That is hardly a fair comparison, besides Houdini, even indie is paid as well, although i grant you only short of $200 a year.
    Dell XPS 15
    15.6-inch (3840 x 2160) 4K 282ppi IPS LCD
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

LightWave 2019.03

Very nice Laptop

i'm just glad it is available for LightWave, so hope to see it continued

http://www.liberty3d.com/2017/05/tur...eid=1bb313e50f
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMarchant View Post
    That is hardly a fair comparison, besides Houdini, even indie is paid as well, although i grant you only short of $200 a year.
    Who said anything about a "fair comparison" ..it was from my side just plain facts on what they are capable of, without the intent to bring in "value for money" in to the equation.
    Value for money debate sure has validity, but at this point I just recognized the lack of that feature after I recently installed the newest demo versions, and in retrospect to what I have requested as improvement a long long time ago, I am not sure I forwarded that to jascha directly or in some thread though.

To note for value for money...blender has fire and smoke in opengl too...and that is for free, together with the fluids for free ..if we talk about money, but if we do that some guys tend to jump in and will make a note of that except for blender, no software comes with foodstamps

That said, I think the connection between blenders opengl fire and smoke and how the cycles material renders isnīt accurate..or at least it takes a lot of tweaking to match properly, besides..I do not like the cycles rendering of volumetrics compared to the speed of lightwave, and I would rather probably invest in turbulenceFD..than use blenders fluidss to get a more pro result look....once these lacking features are in place, and once Lightwave this time around gets much more stable than the 2015 release was for me.
    And apart from lightwave stability, turbulence stability and particle advection and a dedicated turbulenceFD previewer, Iīd like to see the openGL fire and smoke together..not just one at each time, even though vpr can be quite fast.

12000 of posts celebration...yay, more to come.

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    i'm just glad it is available for LightWave, so hope to see it continued

http://www.liberty3d.com/2017/05/tur...eid=1bb313e50f
    Me too ofcourse,unfortunately the lightwave development cycle and the issues I had with the last release does interfere with my choice, not something jascha can do much about.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMarchant View Post
    Oh i agree, im not running a charity at all and i expect something for my money. Im just hoping that extra seats for Jawset will make the ecouragement to keep the developement going for Lightwave for now and beyond. I also have a need for it now which is my i said so to Kelly Myers.

We have so little amount of people activly developing for LW that i am happy to chip in where i can and support these guys and their work. Next for me will be DeepFX.

Also if thinking particles were so good, why does jawset bother with C4D Version of Turbulance. The more tools the better i say.

I agree its a gamble but of course if it does not work with LW Next/2017 then i will run 2 flavours of LW, not like i have not done that in the past.
    I understand you ...and I applause you for the effort.
    I donīt follow you on the thinking particles statement though, why would jawset not work on turbulenceFD?
    Thinking particles isnīt fluids, so why do you come to that conclusion? fluids with thinking particles is probably powerful, while thinking particles without fluids less powerfull, and fluids without thinking particles less powerful...so how do you figure...particles as a replacement for fluids?

unfortunately the lightwave development cycle and the issues I had with the last release does interfere with my choice, not something jascha can do much about.
    yes, personally glad i bought it though.

one can't please everyone.
    i was hoping for some new features in Turbulence myself.

but hey, happy it's still out there.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Can't see buying add-ons for a dead program... still wish Powers would pick Lightwave up off its knees though.
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
    - Thomas A. Edison

Prometheus, why all your post need to be focalized on you or your experience?
    This is a "TurbulenceFD LightWave User Group Purchase".
    If you are not interested in that. don't jump into that post.

Quote Originally Posted by lwaddict View Post
    Can't see buying add-ons for a dead program... still wish Powers would pick Lightwave up off its knees though.
    Itīs not a dead program, but I wouldnīt invest in the saddle before the bike is ready..especially since it is so much underhood changes going on that will show up.

Recent test of the latest turbulenceFD, still no opengl fire and smoke together, the Illuminate smoke is now under settings panel instead of the about panel, a bit better but maybe it should belong in the rendering tab for the illumination in the container settings?
    I noticed that trying to tweak the density mappings isnīt going smoothly, it halts since vpr seems to update while tweaking it seems, in the older versions I do not have that problem, but then again those are installed on older lightwave versions as well so it could be a vpr thing.

Still...Absolute Amateur scallahan1's Avatar
    Hi Folks,

I'm just a hobbyist but I can afford it at the moment. That and the line in the Release Notes that says "added support for Lightwave 2017". Just emailed Kat to tell him to count me in. It may run slow as molasses (just grabbed demo) on my laptop but it'll probably be quite good on my new PC at home. It's got a GTX 1080 on board. Look forward to fiddling around with it.

Steve-o

Quote Originally Posted by papou View Post
    Prometheus, why all your post need to be focalized on you or your experience?
    This is a "TurbulenceFD LightWave User Group Purchase".
    If you are not interested in that. don't jump into that post.

What do you mean all my posts focalized on my experience...refering to what?
    I am sharing why it doesnīt work for me...I am telling you why a group purchase wouldnīt work for me, what others may think is up to them..sure, the developer of turbulence, lliberty3d or the lightwave team may or may not take a note, maybe I should start a new thread then to avoid upsetting anyone here..like why a group purchase or just a purchase isnīt something for me, would that be better so it doesnīt interfere with a ..yes I am in on this group purchase thread?

And for the record, I am not interested in a group purchase for the Moment.....but I could under certain circumstances, that is why I choose to enter this thread...and what on earth do you bring in that All my post would be focalised on my experience, not all of my post are for the record, so keep it balanced please or just keep quite, or simply link to all those post.

Whats the matter with some folks here ..donīt you guys have a decent balanced sense when it comes to refereing to things ..and they go on lpersonal rampage attacks without any sense of balance...like ..all your post, or ..your post always is like this etc.

Quote Originally Posted by lwaddict View Post
    Why not people are still using and making stuff for XSI and that is a dead program.
    Dell XPS 15
    15.6-inch (3840 x 2160) 4K 282ppi IPS LCD
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

LightWave 2019.03

Very nice Laptop

OK, can you, now, remain silent before totally rotting the generous momentum from Liberty3D and the chances of bringing to the developer some additional lightwave licenses, for a potential renewal development of Turbulence for LW?

Quote Originally Posted by papou View Post
    OK, can you, now, remain silent before totally rotting the generous momentum from Liberty3D and the chances of bringing to the developer some additional lightwave licenses, for a potential renewal development of Turbulence for LW?
    who did you actually respond to?

C4D + thinking particles can do fluids. But the results are painfully slow (and to be honest, not very good) Even though I like TP, its performance is horrible. Regardless if you're using the C4D or 3dsMax version. It just performs really really badly.
    I know I said it many times, deliberately so. I wanted to really underpin how poor the performance is.

That said... I will probably pick up a licence for TFD.
    Last edited by MichaelT; 05-07-2017 at 02:47 PM.

Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast