Thread: IVGA Pro

IVGA Pro

I downloaded IVGA Pro this morning and the first thing it stated was something like I will have to download virtual audio cable (VAC). I proceeded to configure my settings according to the documentation and I was able to see the screen on my TCXD 40 and I did see the sound meter moving but no sound. So I downloaded VAC and tried to configure and notice that sound was still not working. I also checked a box on the IVGA PRO to automatically accept connection. I dont think I should have done that becuase now when I select the IVGA PRO icon it just flickers and nothing happens. My pc does not show the icon in the taskbar. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Crosswks View Post
    I downloaded IVGA Pro this morning and the first thing it stated was something like I will have to download virtual audio cable (VAC).
    To be crystal clear, for the vast majority of computers no additional third-party software nor other workarounds are required by iVGA PRO. The very latest standalone documentation included with iVGA PRO (but not online yet) does add the following:

ADDDITIONAL NOTES
    • Some antivirus software can interfere with certain iVGA PRO features. In such cases, try disabling your protection briefly. If the problem goes away, consider using a different anti-malware product.
    • If iVGA PRO’s connection to TriCaster seems intermittent, make sure only one network path exists between the two systems, to prevent the PC from switching back and forth between connections.
    • Some systems deliberately restrict access to system sound (for DRM reasons), preventing the system ‘Stereo Mix’ from appearing as an audio source option for iVGA PRO. Several workarounds exist; as a starting point, try an Internet search for terms like “audio loopback software”.

Niether the iVGA PRO doc nor TriCaster manuals recommend any specific third-party applications.

I was able to see the screen on my TCXD 40 and I did see the sound meter moving but no sound.
    If the VU meter next to TriCaster's Net monitor is showing audio, then iVGA is obviously sending it ok. Perhaps you just needed to turn it up in TriCaster's Audio Mixer?

Some PC's may not show the taskbar icon, depends on the OS. In some cases, you can click the little upward pointing arrow button in the taskbar (near the time display) and access the icon there, or even customize your taskbar settings to "Show icon and notifications" for iVGA PRO.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Good moring, Steve thanks for the comments on this post. I wanted to let you know that I conducted a restore on my PC to an earlier date, then ran the IVGA PRO app and received sound. I did want to note one thing that I noticed when I capture region of the screen sound quality was excellent but when I caputred the whole screen sound quality was choppy. Overall, I'm a happy camper. Thanks again

I did want to note one thing that I noticed when I capture region of the screen sound quality was excellent but when I captured the whole screen sound quality was choppy.
    This may be a bandwidth issue, not sure. I assume you're using a gigabit connection. In any case, you might try using a lower quality setting in iVGA PRO, see if that helps.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

yes as posted else where, all I get is sound from the internal mic. So if I play a music file its just the mic picking it up from my laptop speaker. WHich sounds very tinny.
    I am hoping someone can point me to some "loopback" software since it sounds like the audio mixer in my laptop is lacking for use with ivga Pro.
    Ed
    Toasting since 1990
    Tricaster 855 Owner

Virtual Audio Cable will do what you need. If you want to private message me your email I've got a document I've put together that explains how to set it all up.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    Virtual Audio Cable will do what you need. If you want to private message me your email I've got a document I've put together that explains how to set it all up.
    Anyone that wants to download this information can do so from this link.

https://bynuoq.bn1.livefilestore.com...ownload&psid=1
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Nothing comes up when I click on that link
    Toasting since 1990
    Tricaster 855 Owner

Hmmm... Don't know why the link changed, but try this one.

https://bynuoq.bn1.livefilestore.com...ownload&psid=1
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Nope nothing... I use firefox but thought I would try Explorer just in case something my browswer did not like....
    Maybe you could just email it? to [email protected]
    THanks
    Ed
    Toasting since 1990
    Tricaster 855 Owner

Let try this one more time.

This time it is a link to the SkyDrive folder, not the file itself.

http://sdrv.ms/W9jl0z
    Last edited by kanep; 03-07-2013 at 08:33 PM.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Thanks Got it!
    and appreciate it.
    Ed
    Toasting since 1990
    Tricaster 855 Owner