Page 61 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: LightWave 11.5 Release Update Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Dillon View Post
    SNAP DRAG: Drag any point to any other point in a model. DAAAAMN!
    Not new tool! That's old tool since 7.5!

Anyway, Lightwave 11.5 new feature looked fantastic as i'm glad to see some update for modeler, and made me tempt for get update :-) but i have to wait for Lightwave 12! Congratulation, Newtek for done a brilliant job!

Oops.

Now I'm excited and ashamed.

Quote Originally Posted by thekho View Post
    Not new tool! That's old tool since 7.5!

Anyway, Lightwave 11.5 new feature looked fantastic as i'm glad to see some update for modeler, and made me tempt for get update :-) but i have to wait for Lightwave 12! Congratulation, Newtek for done a brilliant job!
    Video and Animation Auteur

Hi Spinland,

It does not require a dongle correct? The reason I ask is I have 8.5 which has a dongle and upgrading to 11.5. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Spinland View Post
    Tried it on two Mt Lion machines, no problems thus far. Kept my 11.0 installs on both but I don't expect I'll need them.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice. I have their old Millenium Dragon mesh I'd like to try rigging in Genoma.

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Unpack? They're straight PDFs. But lemme check the right files are associated with the right names.
    I misspoke: I'm just so used to UNzipping from my download folder I used that verbiage. AFAICT they're all correct. I think I was just expecting them in chronological, latest at the top, order. FB conditioning.

The dox look great, and the blue 11.5 logo makes it wonderfully clear where they've changed from the 11.0.3 addendum. (The inclusion of same of course goes a ways to explaining their byte length.)

What's really nice about this update is so MANY things went right: the downloads seem to be a breeze, the doc update seems hearty, and the features are numerous and widely based.
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

It's Lightwave, *****es! Digital Hermit's Avatar
    This update is so many, mucho, much... crap, now it's like I have to learn an new 3d app! Curse you New Tek!

Actually, I am very happy, so very happy that... ok... I'm a little verklempt right now... talk amongst yourselves...
    Digital Hermit

Impressive... Most impressive.... -Darth Vader

System : DELL Precision T7600
    CPU :2 x Xeon E5-2687W
    RAM : 32 GB 1600 MHz ECC
    Graphic : EVGA 780Ti

Yay! Bullet is super duper! I can now blow limbs off of walking robots. Been wanting to to that since 11.0 was first released. I also got some jitter free self colliding cloth going without breaking a sweat. The rubbery effect can be minimized.
    All that is powerful or long standing is first conceived in the imagination; supported by the hope of possibility and then made manifest in our commitment of our current physical reality.

What a joy to log in and see that the thing is released. I just watched the LW video and am downloading the manual. Honestly, I think I'll wait a few day to download the actual product, there's just too much to absorb right now. Happy.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlineRender View Post
    do you Reset the path to Lightwave AE> Edit>Preference>Reset Path to lightwave ... will say " tmp00000" show it where layout is saved Newtek/Lightwave11/bin/layout
    Yes. but I did notice something odd, maybe a clue. I have the custom configs and when AE starts LW it gives me the generic no configuration start up of a standard, just installed program. So obviously I am missing something in configuration. The AE camera does transfer fine. It is the LW to AE that's is dead.

Kevin L
    There is something far greater.

I notice in Modeler's Display Options the Perspective amount is no longer a slider but now a number + minislider. The default number is 500, anyone know how this relates to the old slider?

Quote Originally Posted by sami View Post
    Do you guys do a clean install (uninstalling 11.03 first)? or is it smart enough to install over it?

docs are amazing so far !!
    11.5 installs in it's own folder, no need to uninstall anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Fletchtheman View Post
    Hi Spinland,

It does not require a dongle correct? The reason I ask is I have 8.5 which has a dongle and upgrading to 11.5. Thank you
    Correct, it does not need a dongle although some plugins may still require it. To use without the dongle, install it and run it, then download the license file from your account page where you got the LW download. Then simply drag that onto the LightWave splash screen.
    ~~Phil Nolan
    www.philnolan3d.com - Twitter - YouTube
    Win 10 Home x64, Core i7 3.4 GHz, GeForce GT 640, 16GB RAM
    Laptop: Win10 x64, Core I7 8th gen, 1.8 GHz, 16GB RAM

I'm in the middle of a project for a client and have been using LW 11.02 and don't like to change versions in the middle of a project without proper testing [plugin compatibility and such].

I want to install LW11.5 to play with it, but don't want it to overwrite my earlier LW11.02 install listed in Control Panel Programs and Features [running Vista Business 64bit]. I want to keep LW11.02 installed properly until I've finished my project. Can it be done - best procedure?
    Last edited by JamesCurtis; 01-31-2013 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Philbert View Post
    I notice in Modeler's Display Options the Perspective amount is no longer a slider but now a number + minislider. The default number is 500, anyone know how this relates to the old slider?
    Oh yeah. It would be nice to have the slider back with a numeric window beside it.

Just got a chance to install it. Great work NT. I haven't played with much yet but I already have a feature request! Baker's law, right?

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread....69#post1296869
    -Joshua Jorgensen

Hi Philbert,

Thank you for that. I am not using any third party plug ins except those that come with lightwave, so I am good to go?

[/QUOTE]Correct, it does not need a dongle although some plugins may still require it. To use without the dongle, install it and run it, then download the license file from your account page where you got the LW download. Then simply drag that onto the LightWave splash screen.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Fletchtheman View Post
    Hi Philbert,

Thank you for that. I am not using any third party plug ins except those that come with lightwave, so I am good to go?
    You should be good to go as far as I know. I haven't run into any issues with third party plugins myself even, so even you do use some you should be fine.

@James Curtis: You should be able to just install it. It installs in it's own folder and is listed separately in the Control Panel. At least it is in Win8, which is very similar to Win7 and Vista.

--------

One thing that does disappoint me a bit is that nothing has been done to the 3DConnexion settings in Modeler. I still want to push forward and back to make my model go forward and back. Pulling up and down is just confusing.
    Last edited by Philbert; 02-01-2013 at 12:39 AM.
    ~~Phil Nolan
    www.philnolan3d.com - Twitter - YouTube
    Win 10 Home x64, Core i7 3.4 GHz, GeForce GT 640, 16GB RAM
    Laptop: Win10 x64, Core I7 8th gen, 1.8 GHz, 16GB RAM

my first lw 11.5 reel

Here is my first LW 11.5 SHOWREEL!!! Great tools, thanks NewTek team ! Wonderful, amazing, Lightwave renders me speechless !
    lw115demoreel.mov

Page 61 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast