Thread: Assigning All Output Connections as Aux or User Defined

All Output Connections as Aux or User Defined

I am requesting that all video outputs would be User Assignable. TriCaster operators would benefit from having all the Outputs (in TCXD 850, 855 and 8000) as the Aux currently is – instead of the inflexible Group 1 and 2 being a Session and only Group 3 being the Aux.

This realistic adaptation is a viable deployment today, as it is not changing anything major and is based on the existing back-plate layouts.

I found that having this feature would be awesome when a client asked me a month ago to record each Virtual Input built on Virtual Set separately, for his postproduction quasi A/B roll type of editing need; granted that say a mouse right-click for the Aux would provide an option Output V1…V8.

I think that Pizazz asked that M/E would be outputted externally for the TCXD 8000 and this is a great suggestion. I would like to add to that: for all ISOCorder units the ISO option would include V1…V8 recording.

Caesar
    Last edited by cezaryg; 12-15-2012 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cezaryg View Post
    I think that Pizazz asked that M/E would be outputted externally for the TCXD 8000 and this is a great suggestion.
    Just to be clear for other readers - 8000 will output an M/E (or two) to outputs ... or really even more in a way, since any M/E can have other M/E's embedded in it, though I realize that's not what's being requested. What it doesn't do is output all eight individually at the same time.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Thanks Steve for your clarification regarding 8000. Now I see that I made two features request in one thread. So I’m posting a separate request for another feature.

In this thread I’m asking that all outputs through the back plate connectors will be defined by users, whether it will be Program, Program Clean, FX, Cam 1…8, and so for.