Thread: Setting up a 2d driven key

Setting up a 2d driven key

Hi,

I'm trying to create a shoulder setup, and I'd like to drive some deformation bones based on upperarm rotation. I was thinking about simplified 2d driven key functionality, where I'd have some target positions and rotations for the deformation bones and interpolate between them based on upperarm heading and pitch. Moreover, since it's quite a complex functionality to set up, I'd like to create a script to do it automatically (clone targets from the item and attach a properly configured motion modifier/expressions to it). Problem is, everything I can think of runs into some kind of a problem, maybe somebody can help me with this.

Options and problems (solving any one will do):
    -Use an existing plugin or built in functionality (can't find anything)
    -Use expressions. The problem with them is, that my IK blending uses world space rotation item blend to interpolate between IK and FK rotations, and the expressions are executed before rotation items, so if I'm in IK mode, they don't work without a motion baker (which I don't want).
    -Write an lscript motion modifier. This would pretty much work, but I cant get it update interactively, the modifier only seems to be called when I scrub the timeline. Not a biggie, but of course realtime feedback would be nicer. Some motion modifiers do update interactively and you can put relativity into interactive mode, but I don't know how to do this for my own plugins.
    -Use relativity. That works, but I have to manually configure it every time. Could I use communication ring to set it up automatically?
    -Write a c++ plugin. Problem: I can't.

Thanks, -Ilkka

Blog Entries
    Take a look at effectedby ( http://mikegreen.name/Lscript/Source...htm#effectedby ), it allows for real time updates when any of the defined items' pos,rot,etc values change. Just be wary you dont want to go crazy with it as the more things being checked each time something changes can really slow down Layout if you have too many of them.
    My Lscript Collection | LinkedIn
    3D Generalist IGT

That'll do, thank you.

Goes bump in the night RebelHill's Avatar
    Just use the SAI constraints in motion options panel... they work with IK (or target, pole, etc... all talk to one another)... and u can script their setup easily. However... I think you're gonna find poses where your setup breaks down, no matter what you do.
    LSR Surface and Rendering Tuts.
    RHiggit Rigging and Animation Tools
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all