Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Messiah Studio Version 6.0 Is Coming Out

Is that v6 features?

As far as I can tell, it's just a Messiah plugin for $40

http://www.usefulslug.com/2012/12/so...tact-deformer/
    BRACE MEDIA
    Ensuring every picture tells your story.

New Brace Media website

Quote Originally Posted by The Dommo View Post
    As far as I can tell, it's just a Messiah plugin for $40

http://www.usefulslug.com/2012/12/so...tact-deformer/
    Mind you, it's a rather useful deformer as plugins go. C4D offers a similar deformer, and it's great for animating "soft interactions" when you don't want to bother with, or can't use full SBD simulation. Think cushions in furniture, bodies reacting to impacts, interacting with snow, and so forth.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.5 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),64GB RAM, NV 980ti

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Did they EVER release the update information? Or is it still a pig in a poke?
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

Quote Originally Posted by jeric_synergy View Post
    Did they EVER release the update information? Or is it still a pig in a poke?
    For some, probably best to wait till it's released and pretend pmg didn't say anything. Fori is like Worley, he doesn't talk much at all.
    All that is powerful or long standing is first conceived in the imagination; supported by the hope of possibility and then made manifest in our commitment of our current physical reality.

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    I'm sure it's swell, and not too expensive, but still a bit of a leap of faith.

For CA probably (?) worth it.
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

Quote Originally Posted by jeric_synergy View Post
    I'm sure it's swell, and not too expensive, but still a bit of a leap of faith.

For CA probably (?) worth it.
    Well, that's what it is, a Character animation environment. You don't need faith to learn it, just some patience and study like with any other proven application. Project messiah didn't get to version 5 on faith alone.
    Last edited by jasonwestmas; 12-14-2012 at 06:39 PM.
    All that is powerful or long standing is first conceived in the imagination; supported by the hope of possibility and then made manifest in our commitment of our current physical reality.

Jason, do you have any news on what's happening with the coupon not working for the Joe Cosman tutorial bundles? I was ready to buy them both, but nobody seems to know what's going on. Do you know him? I was about to send him an e-mail, but since others tried with no luck, I hesitate to do so in fear I only add pressure with no good end. So, any news? I really like to buy, but...
    Salut!,
    Allabulle.

I would Chat with Joe occasionally but he's been nowhere to be seen these past 6 months. I was actually quite surprised he popped in the forums at all. As I have come to find out, these disappearances of people we trust and care about are usually family trouble related. So in other words don't take any of these lack of communication issues as an indication of folks not caring deeply about the software. Please note I have no details on what is going on with Joe Cosman but he'll be back I'm sure.

Thanks for the reply, Jason. As I understand it, sometimes even a mild family concern that needs some attention coupled with a demanding job can be quite hard to manage. I was under the impression that you knew him so I deliberately refrained myself from emailing him in case I would only add more pressure to the matter. Hence my question here.
    I don't doubt anybody nor would I want to give that idea. I just wanted to know if there is some more information on the coupon thinguie before deciding to wait or e-mail him. I think I'll wait, for now, and see what happens.
    Thanks again, Jason. Let's hope everything will be alright and we'll be buying him some tutorials soon. :-)
    Last edited by allabulle; 12-25-2012 at 07:03 PM.
    Salut!,
    Allabulle.

I opted to wait and see. I hate to pay money not knowing what I will get and when, specially when there are other vendors 3D and non 3D having sales.
    Then again, I have not yet used what I purchased so maybe I don't need the upgrade anyways

Went for it today. I'm poor and CA is my favorite thing besides lighting, so between the $40 v.5 (which is great already) and an unknown upgrade to v.6 for $65, I figure I can eat ramen noodles (or more frozen pizza) for awhile.
    "I don't have it... you want half my omelette?"

Yep there is a thread over at setuptab.com
    Wegg replied today, "The list of new features is pretty long though. I'm trying to document and demonstrate everything as fast as I can. "

Lot of new tools inspired by 850 METERS short film.

I'm seeing my name mentioned a lot. :-) I'm still throwing together the videos that explain all the new features of 6 but if you guys have any questions about what I have put up there thus far I'd be happy to answer them as best I can.

This is a link to the main page that lists and demonstrates the new features in 6. More are being added all the time so please feel free to check back regularly.

Thanks for the link.

As for questions/suggestions and answer as to if this ever got any attention would be nice:

http://setuptab.com/index.php/topic,5024.0.html

http://setuptab.com/index.php/topic,5053.0.html

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast