Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Making Lightwave more Artist Friendly (for NON 3D users), Tell us your ideas

Quote Originally Posted by vncnt View Post
    When using Make Preview with a Frame Step>1, the result is faster than the original but the audio is still the original speed.

The audio should lead the animation.
    Otherwise itīs impossible to judge the result.
    That should really be a bug report, and the other posts in Feature Requests, or they'll go unaddressed
    Confirmed -
    No Weapons of Mass Destruction
    or links to Al Queda or 9/11. (Sep. 2003)

How about having the front view show the front (not the back view showing the front)?

I'd also like an option to switch heading, bank and pitch to x, y, z.

Thanks for asking!
    DI
    Time is not linear but rather an eternal "now."

A negative headlight in the viewport to suppress object geometry visibility.

Great for editing rigs.

A collection of Sample Scenes would help a new user greatly. Preset cameras and lighting rigs/scenes where they could swap out an item with their item and see it rendered beautifully would go a long way to showing what is capable.

Quote Originally Posted by Burndog View Post
    A collection of Sample Scenes would help a new user greatly. Preset cameras and lighting rigs/scenes where they could swap out an item with their item and see it rendered beautifully would go a long way to showing what is capable.
    I agree. Presets and samples is what always hook me up at the beginning. Presets in Lightwave3d are outdated ( since 6.0 ?! ) and useless in everyday work. Make us some nice node based materials. It will be time saver for many of us. I don`t need to waste 3-4 hours experimenting with glass for example or chrome to put in my scene somewhere in the background one bottle or chromed ash tray.
    Also nice scene setups will be welcomed, with 2-3 quality levels of AA and radiosity each. I`m sure that community will gladly help with that if Newtek don`t have hired artists for this task.

fazi 69,
    I agree 1000%
    P.M. Rob Powers with your Kind Offer!
    It can't not be help!

fazi69, and burndog..yes agreed..we need some improvements on the preset system, that has been discussed for quite a while though,
    Im sure they are aware of it, depends on what they think is important to focus on I guess and how easy it would be to improve.

Modo,carrara, and even truespace had/has presets for objects and scenes with thumbnails...I so wish for at least object thumb presets..where I could go to my Asset preset library from within Lightwave layout, and just drag and drop my tree and rock objects, signs..and houses, it might not seem that important since you could browse the file dialog and look for the "named files", but it really is a huge workflow enhancement to be able to do this, sure you could use external apps using extra processing resources and switching between app windows, but that isnīt a good workflow.

I would also like to have displacement bomb preset, that means premade/saved information of the procedural texture within a displacement preset, you would have to create a preview render of the preset that could be saved/baked in the preset thumb for the displacement, this way you could have a good workflow of dragging and dropping displacement bombs for terrain creation.

Reference would be how vue does this by creating a thumb preview of objects or terrains if you want to, that is saved in the library content.

Michael

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314