Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Black Frames on output video?

Question same thing black frame randomly every ponce in a while

Quote Originally Posted by burvisid View Post
    We experience the same problem on 455 extreme. Some tests show that black frame (blink) comes with RECORD option. Blink is not on a live stream, but is recorded and can be seen on any program out monitor. Alongside black frame comes distortions of audio. Without recording this black frame do not blink. Is this problem solved ?
    We started experiencing the same thing, black frame randomly, after the last update. When we reboot, it works for shorter session and it's back again. Session format is in 1080/60i
    Any permanent solution for this problem?
    TCXD300
    rev 4g

NewTek Engineering QA VideoEng QA's Avatar
    There are newer updates available for most of our TriCasters, including XD300 and XD450 Extreme. For those models of TriCaster, Rev4h is available for download on our registration website (http://register.newtek.com)
    Please make sure your machines are up to date and let us know if you are still having issues.

Thank you,
    Jeremy Brosius
    NewTek Engineering QA
    For bug reports, feature requests, or technical inquiries: https://fogbugz.newtek.com/default.asp?pg=pgPublicEdit

Quote Originally Posted by VideoEng QA View Post
    ... Rev4h is available for download on our registration website (http://register.newtek.com)
    I just want to underscore the words "for download" in the sentence above. Simply clicking the Update button in TriCaster won't get you this build.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

will do and thank you for your quick response.

Best

Gaby Andraos

I did download and install the update (4h), however it failed with a message saying "access denied on some file..." the only option was to cancel and now system is saying that Tricaster does not exist on the system???
    And when I try to run it agin it says: Tricaster cannot be found on this system"
    Help!!!

If the TriCaster software was somehow corrupted during installation, you can restore to factory defaults from the bootup options, then reinstall the update. This will not affect data on your D drive.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

We have a very similar issue. The bilnking black frams appear on our TC450X machine whenever the Record is pressed. If we dont record anything, then no such issue, but as soon as Record is active, black frames start to appear randomly. We have the very latest update installed, which did not solve this issue. Also, this same update did not solve one other issue, when the DDRs are freezing up in the middle of playback. This DDR issue, was, however solved for our TC850X machine when we did the update.

Can anyone come up with a suggestion on what to do regarding blinking frames when Record is active? This problem is very very annoying, since it essentially prohibits us from using this machine for production

For something of this sort, the best approach is always a bug report with full details - version number, sources (connection type, cameras, any adapters in the pipeline), recording format, and ideally, a link to a video clip showing the problem - a sweep over the desktop monitors, multiview, and an output monitor connected to the primary video outputs.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

We had the same issue on our 855. I also noticed that it was dropping frames in our record feed. we record audio from a separate unit and it wouldn't line up.
    Fixed the issue after an update & a defrag on the machine. 3 or 4 weeks later i noticed another drop frame. we now defrag every 1 or 2 weeks and have no issues.
    there is a defrag option under the administrator mode.

Get no Black Frames if start Live Text before Tricaster

All I found is in the Title, if I start Live Text on the external pc before I start the TCXD300 I get now five sessions without Black Frames.

Hope it will stay this way.

Roland

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12