Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black Frames on output video?

Black Frames on output video?

Does anyone have experience seeing occasional black frames on program out out from the TCXD 855? We are seeing black frames every 20-30 minutes, sometimes longer than an hour. It's completely random, but is showing up on recorded video across all 3 available outputs. We are running the latest version, just freshly installed last week. We are seeing the actual preview monitors go completely black from time to time as well. Enough times for me to be sweating this problem and getting tired of the director yelling "Woah , what happened?!" Any other users experience this?

-TCXD 855 latest version 5b
    -Not streaming from tricaster
    -Not recording internally at all
    -8 sources
    -Net 1 grfx using iVGA over a network

Switched to Net 2 and that did not help. It almost seems like our network is bogging and it's affecting the entire output. Our streams and our grfx network are completely different, however the network the grfx is on is loaded up pretty heavily. I feel as though when the netwok is overloaded the output is affected. Is this possible? Why would it effect the final output?

There's a build impending, most likely in the next week, that may or may not resolve your issue. I think it might be worth your checking out the beta, if you need it before that.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Black frames on TCXD 300 too

Same problem here with TCXD 300, temprary random black frames on SDI out (HD 1080i PAL). Version 4f . NET is connected with a XP Livetext 2.1. Total reboot with power-off helps for a while.

Where could I find a beta patch ?

MfG Roland

The new "advanced release" build is so close now that I think it's probably simplest just to wait for it. I'll post something as soon as there's news ...
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Thank you Steve, please do update when the build is ready and if the build actually addresses this issue directly. If it doesn't I will file a bug report and get on the horn with the techs asap as this is a very serious issue for us.

I'm honestly not sure that it doesn't, but it's one important step toward resolution either way.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Bug Report submitted. Steve is there any way to revert to an older build, besides the original that it shipped with? Is there any way to choose a build to install? We can't use our machine in the condition it is in. Our productions are live on Time Warner TV and we're being taken off the schedule until a resolution is made.

You could check the registration site and see what builds are available on there. There may be an older one on there you could use. I keep all the builds I download in a folder, just in case.

Kris
    TriCasters: Mini, 410, 460, 850, 850 Extreme, 855 & 8000
    Replay: 3Play 820
    CG: LiveText3 - With LT[Scoreboards]
    Cameras: Sony NX5
    Macros: YoungMonkey MasterControl, Belkin N52

Brian, do you want to check out the beta? If so, email me your contact details, please - [email protected] etc ...
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Instaled Update 4g on TCXD 300, get still randomly black frames after one hour. If I shut TC down and restart after power off it works longer.

Roland

It might be good to complete a thorough bug report, with full details of what you are doing, session format, camera input settings and other sources connected (such as LiveText, etc), streaming, virtual sets, etc., etc. Be sure to mention your output connection type, and whether the black frames appear only on outputs or also on the desktop program and source monitors.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

LiveSet Making Machine joseburgos's Avatar
    Had a similar issue a while back and ended up sending the XD300 in to NewTek because it seemed to be hardware related. Not saying yours is but just that it may be a possibility.

Good luck,
    Jose Burgos
    NewTek Certified Trainer
    NewTek Certified on all TriCaster's
    NewTek Training & Certification Testing
    www.burgosfx.com
    FaceBook
    Twitter @NYTriCaster

Still black frames, instaled Update 4g on TCXD 300, get still randomly black frames after one hour. If I shut TC down and restart after power off it works stable.

I edit xdcam to xdcam over TC, sometime I lost sync and the xdcam gives ilegal ref on menu and stop the edit. If I switch genlock in TC on/off, I
    get it back to work.

(Sync for TC comes from record xdcam sync loop out)

Roland

We experience the same problem on 455 extreme. Some tests show that black frame (blink) comes with RECORD option. Blink is not on a live stream, but is recorded and can be seen on any program out monitor. Alongside black frame comes distortions of audio. Without recording this black frame do not blink. Is this problem solved ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast