Thread: Tricaster Remote Session

Tricaster Remote Session

hi,
    I have a new position adn there is a tricaster in use. I am a vt5 guy. I live about 1.5 hours away from the station.

Either via termial services, remote desktop connection, etc.... is there a way to manage the tricaster remotely? Bandwidth can be purchased,not an issue.

ALso, will it accept a HDMI in, I think it is a TC 300 series, I remember seeing a 300 someplace on the unit.

There is an Apple HDMI that needs to be captured and I did not know if a HDMI to Composite is best or if there is an HDMI in?

Thanks

George

I'll let others offer their experience re: remote login, but as to HDMI, the answer is no. You'd need to convert the HDMI to analog or SDI video, or else bring the Mac output in using iVGA or Airplay, if that's appropriate.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Steve, thanks. In the meeting I suggested an HDMI to composite and then go from there. I just don't know the unit yet. I will be up there again after the election, I am running for Mayor here in Santa Ana so it adds to the lack of time. Here, enjoy, http:\\www.collinsformayor.org look for the OPIUM addiction part, you will have a good laugh.
    thanks again
    George

Steve, sorry to bother you. This is the equip. the site has:
    Tricaster NewTek TCXD300 Tricaster NewTek TC550,
    I am unable to find a manual for the TC550, by chance do you know if there is another name or model for this number?
    Printing the TCXD300 Manual to have on the shelf, would like to do the same for the 550.

Thanks
    George

Quote Originally Posted by n9103h View Post
    I am unable to find a manual for the TC550, by chance do you know if there is another name or model for this number?
    I may be mistaken, but I think that may have been the number used at times for the TriCaster Broadcast (just as Studio was sometimes referred to as the 350).
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

I know there is a way to remote into a tricaster, at least I have seen it done of the TC-800. As for what they where using I have no idea, also I don't know how bad of a lag there was so if you where thinking of live switching remotely it could be a problem it was more to set up everything.

Thanks to both, I did find a "Studio" and I have heard something like that before, it is going to the printer now. The remote, was more for concern of something going wrong. Like a pair of eyes at home.
    Their setup is not as I would do it, but we ALL have that wonderful issue with our own work. SMILE Thanks guys, have a good weekend, Please vote, WHO ever your vote for, please vote.
    God Bless

Look into Dhomas' MasterControl product. He's controlled my TriCaster in Portland from Canada. The latency was practically zero. I could here him clicking on the tablet and getting an instant response on my end. All over the internet.

http://www.youngmonkey.com

Kris
    TriCasters: Mini, 410, 460, 850, 850 Extreme, 855 & 8000
    Replay: 3Play 820
    CG: LiveText3 - With LT[Scoreboards]
    Cameras: Sony NX5
    Macros: YoungMonkey MasterControl, Belkin N52