Thread: Something old, something new...

Something old, something new...

For those of us who still have VT[5] machines in production (for whatever reasons*), has anyone been brave enough to try upgrading to Windows 8?

I have a final regular-season HS football game on Friday, and then a month until basketball season, so I'll probably be the test case after this Friday...

-steve

* Mine: currently an underfunded hobbyist who is almost exclusively mostly producing stuff for an SD cable-access station (although I did just get them to buy a TC40!)

I have my doubts about it working with Windows 8. Of course, be sure and clone your system drive before you try it. I still want to update mine to Windows 7 so that I can install Adobe. Still currently using Windows XP 32 bit. Never got an answer from my post about editing the AVCHD files from a Sony NXCAM. If it doesn't work when I get to try it, guess I will have to learn Adobe and Encore. Not looking forward to that.

Marty
    Common Gear Used:
    Tricaster TCXD460
    VT5
    Cameras: Sony NX5U
    Cabling: SDI

I should have explained in my original post -- I've been running VT[5] quite nicely on Win7 Pro 64-bit for a few years now. Doesn't seem like too much of stretch to go from that to Win8, but we'll see...

-s

Glad to hear it works nicely under Win7 Pro 64. Maybe if I'm lucky I'll get mine updated around Christmas. Need to order some more RAM memory before I do that. Adobe probably wouldn't run too well with only 2 gig. I think that's what's in it now.
    Common Gear Used:
    Tricaster TCXD460
    VT5
    Cameras: Sony NX5U
    Cabling: SDI