Thread: Emergency - Any Newtek Rental outfits in HAWAII need help now

Emergency - Any Newtek Rental outfits in HAWAII need help now

This a 3 Play issue, but since this is an emergency and more people look to this area I hope it can be left up for a day.

Just got my 3 play back from Newtek service 2 days ago, fired it up and the issue has not been fixed. We go live at 8am tomorrow at Sunset Beach Oahu on the North Shore.
    If ANYONE knows of a Newtek rental house in Hawaii please please let me know via this thread.

Machine fires up, wont activate the LCD monitor until 2,3,5 or more restarts. Then it acts slow and sluggish, then blue screen of death with error screen saying it is shutting down to prevent damage.

This is a major issue for our production and any help is appreciated.

Thank you all,
    -Brian

There are EVS units out there.
    Our event at Sunset last year we had a similar issue, and flew a guy out from LA with 3-play in hand. Could do that, looks like a lay-day today.

NewTek Certified Operator - TriCaster Professional Line
    TC 460 8000 / ATEM 4K 1 M/E
    Elemental Live / Teradek Cube/Bond / Wirecast 6
    Panasonic HE120 Sony F55/F5/FS7/EX3
    LinkedIn

UK based Live Production
    Just one possible suggestion - we fixed something similar by reseating the cards in the machine - sorry if this post seems simplistic but maybe you haven't tried this. I presume you've done a restore also.

There is a new dealer here, but I do not have the contact info check with Newtek. I am not sure if he has a replay unit or not. I have a 855 in Makakilo if you run into trouble.

Todd.

Quote Originally Posted by brianone20 View Post
    This a 3 Play issue, but since this is an emergency and more people look to this area I hope it can be left up for a day.

Just got my 3 play back from Newtek service 2 days ago, fired it up and the issue has not been fixed. We go live at 8am tomorrow at Sunset Beach Oahu on the North Shore.
    If ANYONE knows of a Newtek rental house in Hawaii please please let me know via this thread.

Machine fires up, wont activate the LCD monitor until 2,3,5 or more restarts. Then it acts slow and sluggish, then blue screen of death with error screen saying it is shutting down to prevent damage.

This is a major issue for our production and any help is appreciated.

Thank you all,
    -Brian
    Todd Cochrane
    @geeknews
    [email protected]
    http://geeknewscentral.com

TriCaster: TC1 / 860 AE / Mini AE

NewTek System Integrator PIZAZZ's Avatar
    Texas, or wherever the plane drops me off this week
    I reached out to a friend I have there in Oahu who I know has TriCasters but I am not sure about 3Plays. As soon as he gets back with me I will let you know something.
    Jef Kethley
    PIZAZZ
    www.pizazz.com

Using:
    All models of TriCasters + 3Play, IPSeries
    Panasonic UB300 4k cams
    Tactical Fiber/converters, SDI2NDI converters, NDI-Viewfinder, and NDI2HDMI

NewTek System Integrator PIZAZZ's Avatar
    Texas, or wherever the plane drops me off this week
    Talked to my guy there in Oahu and he only has TriCasters no 3Plays. Sorry he couldn't help you
    Jef Kethley
    PIZAZZ
    www.pizazz.com

Using:
    All models of TriCasters + 3Play, IPSeries
    Panasonic UB300 4k cams
    Tactical Fiber/converters, SDI2NDI converters, NDI-Viewfinder, and NDI2HDMI

His event was postponed as there are no waves. He is currently sipping a fruity beverage in the Turtle Bay Resort pool if I had to guess (I joke).
    Hopefully Newtek has a new 3-play on it's way to him.

NewTek Certified Operator - TriCaster Professional Line
    TC 460 8000 / ATEM 4K 1 M/E
    Elemental Live / Teradek Cube/Bond / Wirecast 6
    Panasonic HE120 Sony F55/F5/FS7/EX3
    LinkedIn

Quote Originally Posted by rally1 View Post
    His event was postponed as there are no waves. He is currently sipping a fruity beverage in the Turtle Bay Resort pool if I had to guess (I joke).
    Hopefully Newtek has a new 3-play on it's way to him.
    You know it! We'll be running tomorrow (Sunday) for sure. Waves just picked up. We got so lucky the waves went flat while I scrambled for a replacement. Getting a serviced unit fresh out of the box only to find it's not fixed was extremely stressful and concerning. Looks like newtek QC is overwhelmed.

Quote Originally Posted by brianone20 View Post
    Getting a serviced unit fresh out of the box only to find it's not fixed was extremely stressful and concerning.
    Not that such a thing could never happen, but I can say that more often than not when a problem continues onsite after service, it turns out to have some local component that was not present when tested. It can be troublesome to diagnose that type of issue. It will be interesting to see if the replacement behaves the same way. (I really hope it doesn't!)
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

I think this unit just has bad juju Steve. It's been funky since the beginning. Backup system is running great, no issues to report. Live for another 45 minutes today, then it looks like Friday and Saturday we'll be running again. Link below to webcast.

http://www.vans.com/eventsites/hic-pro/hic-pro-webcast/

You can delete this thread Steve. We're saved out here for now... thanks!