Thread: missing something? Livetext on Macbook Pro ?

missing something? Livetext on Macbook Pro ?

Honestly, we've never needed to use Livetext running on a separate laptop. We are going to need it shortly after the new year and I'm trying to do some testing.
    All the Windows laptops we have are older and don't meet the screen resolution requirements for LT. So I go to install
    LT from our installation jump drive on our Macbook Pro, and all I see are windows .exe files. I'm NOT a MAC person, but I know that .exe's don't work natively on MAC's. I searched the downloads page
    and didn't see a MAC version of LT install files. Is LT available for MAC (OS v. 10.5.8)? I downloaded the LT v.2.1 update .zip file, but it was all Windows installs.
    I've searched the forum archives, but didn't see any posts about this. I have had my coffee this am, but I'm missing something obvious.

Thanks in advance..

Doug

(I know I can install windows programs on a type of virtual machine on a MAC, but isn't there a MAC version of LT?)
    Douglas Clark
    WLRN-TV
    Miami, FL

TC-850
    Sony Ex-3
    HD-SDI BNC cables...

Quote Originally Posted by DCvision View Post
    (I know I can install windows programs on a type of virtual machine on a MAC, but isn't there a MAC version of LT?)
    There's never been a version of LT for OS X, sorry.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Thanks for the quick reply Steve... then how critical is the screen resolution requirement? The Windows laptop I am using is maxed at 1024x768. I think the requirement stated on the install popup
    was in the 1280x1024 range... the project is going to be HD. Is it just a screen landscape issue, or does it effect the output via a net input to the 850?
    Douglas Clark
    WLRN-TV
    Miami, FL

TC-850
    Sony Ex-3
    HD-SDI BNC cables...

I think you'll find it doesn't work well below minimum res.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

I've used LiveText on a Mac in both Parallels and in BootCamp. It works fine both ways… Boot Camp is better though.

Kris
    TriCasters: Mini, 410, 460, 850, 850 Extreme, 855 & 8000
    Replay: 3Play 820
    CG: LiveText3 - With LT[Scoreboards]
    Cameras: Sony NX5
    Macros: YoungMonkey MasterControl, Belkin N52

Yep, bootcamp is a good way to go. Pretty easy to setup, just need a OSX disc and a copy of windows, and it will make a new partition without damaging your existing OSX install (but reducing the drive size obviously).
    We have used LT on a lower res. PC before and is was quite usable. It wants 1280x800 and I think we had 1024x768.

NewTek Certified Operator - TriCaster Professional Line
    TC 460 8000 / ATEM 4K 1 M/E
    Elemental Live / Teradek Cube/Bond / Wirecast 6
    Panasonic HE120 Sony F55/F5/FS7/EX3
    LinkedIn