Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lightwave11 and Poser Pro Bundle 2012 offer from NewTek

Lightwave11 and Poser Pro Bundle 2012 offer from NewTek

Top Dog
    And they just announced the DSON importer for Poser, so you can import all that Daz Genesis goodness into Poser.

They seem to have their mojo, working overtime with importer and exporter features. I hope they find time for Modeler. On Topic: I wonder if early adapters will be entitled to the offer?

Wonder if Poser 8 will work with lightwave 11.5 and the new exporter/importer. Bought LW11 back in December.

Top Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by wesleycorgi View Post
    And they just announced the DSON importer for Poser, so you can import all that Daz Genesis goodness into Poser.
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/products/dson-importer

Should this not also be available to those of us who have already upgraded to LW11?

After all, it's those of us who pay in advance for the upgrades that are keeping LW development afloat - but it seems like we're being penalised for upgrading too quickly!

So come on NT, if you haven't already got plans to do so, how about rewarding us long-term LW users by also providing us with a copy of Poser Pro 2012!

Regards,
    Peter
    iemedia solutions:
    Web Site
    YouTube Channel
    Scavengers SciFi novel:
    Amazon UK
    Amazon USA

That's nuts, I was just looking at prices for Poser Pro today (£228 gbp on Amazon).
    Think I might wait and see if Newtek offer us a better deal
    Last edited by Markc; 10-13-2012 at 06:09 AM.
    Mac Pro (2010) OSX 10.14 RX580 Pulse LW2020
    (plugins: LWCad 2020, TFD 1443, Syflex 2018, StarPro 2020, ExrTrader 2020, Ubercam 2.0, Daz Mocap, DP Light 2020, Quadpanels 1.5)

I have Lightwave 9.6 (without the FOB - lost) for anyone wanting to take the upgrade path to 11.5 (when it comes out).

https://www.lightwave3d.com/lightwave_poser_promo/

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread....9-6-1-For-Sale
    "Once one can articulate an important idea into a concise statement, then one can use the statement and not have to have the fear of changing behavior." - Ed Catmull on Pixar creativity

Wow modonauts think they're really in the big leagues now when they got bought by the Foundy. Lol. Here's hoping for a price hike in modo 801.
    http://forums.luxology.com/topic.asp...&page=0#634226

Apparently... "This offer is not available in Japan. Please visit www.dstorm.co.jp for LightWave promotions in Japan. Thank You."

Geo_n, brown is dead, long live Blue Fluid Theme
    Though sometimes we see some look down talk in Modo forums, be careful to not give the impression that's how it's viewed among all "modonauts", there's also very balanced, good sense opinions around there

Cheers

There's more look down than look up with lw over there. But yeah I know the users that do that. Ex lwvers that cgtalk users term as rabid fanboys who switched from lw to modo carrying the same fanboy attitude.
    I didn't notice there's blue. Looks a bit dark. The sections are not differentiated well. Needs more highlights and shades. text is gray?

Goes bump in the night RebelHill's Avatar
    WTF??

So if the folks at Siggraph dont laugh at you for wearing your Core Tshirt... they'll just laugh at your free copy of Poser instead. Nice one NT.
    LSR Surface and Rendering Tuts.
    RHiggit Rigging and Animation Tools
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

How Old? Really? Aww Heck colkai's Avatar
    At least LWCAD was a worthy addition when that was included, as was DFX+.
    A free copy of Poser with LW is not what I would of expected, it certainly doesn't send a good signal as to where Newtek think Lightwave aligns in the software market. Especially when you consider that sooner or later, you end up with Poser being provided free at pretty much every release. Coming to a Magazine DVD near you within 12 months or so I'd wager.

Maybe they think Poser will be a useful conversion tool with animation capabilities to "complement" Lightwave? >>shrugs<<
    Too old to die young.

Eh, what?
    Quote Originally Posted by colkai View Post
    At least LWCAD was a worthy addition when that was included, as was DFX+...
    Maybe they think Poser will be a useful conversion tool with animation capabilities to "complement" Lightwave?
    Previous promos were usually far more interesting than this; apart from those you mentioned, the LW+Vue one was a killer - well, on paper... Vue's own shortcomings kind of ruined the whole thing, but that's a different story. Poser... The Modo chaps have a point, it is perceived as a hobbyist tool; and contrary to LWCAD or DFX it has a very specific and limited field of application. Oh and yeah, it's not very good either - my own personal opinion of course, but still. I would be very interested in knowing the reasoning behind this move, because frankly it sounds a lot like a "we had to do something and nobody else agreed to our price" sort of thing. Rebelhill might have put it a bit on the... Harsh side, but he does have a point.

ADP.

Quote Originally Posted by RebelHill View Post
    WTF??

So if the folks at Siggraph dont laugh at you for wearing your Core Tshirt... they'll just laugh at your free copy of Poser instead. Nice one NT.
    "People" are stupid though! Poser is one of the best generic character generation tools out there, perfect for non-hero digital characters in both full CG and vfx-projects. I know several studios who have used/use it, including where I work.

Not sure why this is such a bad thing?
    Senior Technical Supervisor
    Cinematics Department
    Massive - A Ubisoft Studio
    -----
    AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3990X (64 cores/ 128 threads)
    64GB Ram
    Quadro 620
    Windows 10 Pro x64

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast