Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: IS there any lscript programmer here that can help me out please

Thanks, though i should thank you
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by evenflcw View Post
    That selection remains for such an operation goes against what I would claim to be the standard behaviour/workflow in Modeler. And I can't figure out a good motivation why it this should be different from the norm.
    Do a poly loop selection, run the connect tool several times, makes for a really fast way to add edge loops. I use it all the time.
    UI / UX Designer @ NewTek

@Matt

This issue has also something to do with LW selection model.

Imagine that if you are going to select some polys on a mesh with a selection already, the previous selection is dropped:

Now with this you don't make people want to drop selection all the time, because there's no need if they just want to move on to something else. Shift still would work to Add to the selection and Ctrl to Remove from the selection.
    Because right now, if you do a selection you're locked on it, left clicking will just deselect polys from the current selection and that could be easily done with a modifier.
    Well and Undo for selections... that would be a big one right now.

But this way there would be much less need to drop selections, but you could still do your example of running the Connect tool several times to add loops.

Cheers
    Last edited by probiner; 07-09-2014 at 05:26 AM.

Essentially you're suggesting changing Modeler's selection model, that many have become accustomed to.
    UI / UX Designer @ NewTek

Essentially I'm talking about a toggle option in the settings,
    You see people making a bunch of small scripts to accommodate drop selection (connect, merge) because they are not completely happy. And this suggestions is much less "destructive" than making a tool drop the selection.

Anyways I belive this would help in such cases, maybe I'm wrong. But this is definitely adding something and taking nothing, other than muscle memory.

Cheers
    Last edited by probiner; 07-09-2014 at 05:19 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123