Thread: Tricaster Studio - Freezing up - non responsive

Tricaster Studio - Freezing up - non responsive

Hi, Was setting up our tricaster studio the other night to broadcast a volleyball match, and I clicked on the edit (video) tab in the main window. The hourglass came up and the tricaster was non-responsive.

So I rebooted several times, with the same result each time, immediately the hourglass came up and system was non- responsive.

I rebooted and reloaded the tricaster, was able to boot to safe mode and remove the startup item of the tricaster starting immediately, then I was able to update the tricaster software and other system items, but when I click the tricaster program to open it I immediately get the hourglass and system freezes or becomes non responsive.

Help please

Keith
    High School Tech Director

I think you can likely restore normal functionality by using the "Reset Configuration" item on the TriCaster Admin screen.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

I cant get the admin screen to come up, i had to pitch the start up item tricaster to get where I could work with the computer. Is there another location for the reset configuration?

Thanks

I cant get the admin screen to come up, i had to pitch the start up item tricaster to get where I could work with the computer. Is there another location for the reset configuration?

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

ok, found the file to run to reset the configuration, did that, still same result.

When TriCaster is not set to 'auto-launch' the switcher UI, it should boot right to the admin screen. If it doesn't, your Windows Active Desktop is likely messed up.

You might be able to reset configs manually from the windows Start menu, or by finding the appropriate .bat file in the TriCaster folder. I don't have an older TriCaster handy, but CS could probably help.

Edit: OK, seems like resetting didn't help (I'm assuming you reset the TriCaster configs, and not just the ones for the editor). The next thing to do would probably be to delete the hidden "newtekinfo" folders for the locations of any media content in use in your DDR playlists. If all else fails, you may need to perform a TriCaster Restore operation, returning your system to 'as-shipped' state (followed by an update). Finally, if that doesn't work, you've exhausted most of the software only alternatives that come to mind, and may need to start thinking about hardware problems.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

ok, did everything listed and still goes to blank screen with the mouse pointer. I am able to move the mouse pointer around but the screen is blank grey. When I press the power button, the computer shuts down as normal with windows xp screen coming up and shutting down. I am unable to update windows xp any, does that matter? get an error when I run windows update.

You don't want to do the Windows updates. You do want to restore, as Steve mentioned. Have you called customer support, it going to be much faster that waiting for forum responses.

NewTek Certified Operator - TriCaster Professional Line
    TC 460 8000 / ATEM 4K 1 M/E
    Elemental Live / Teradek Cube/Bond / Wirecast 6
    Panasonic HE120 Sony F55/F5/FS7/EX3
    LinkedIn

Yes. A TriCaster Restore operation, which is what I referred to, is quite different than either a Windows update or restore.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Does the "Restore Factory Defaults" option delete all my records or does it just reset the TriCaster software?
    (TriCaster XD850)

A TriCaster Restore will overwrite your C drive. You'll want to back up any custom content you have on that drive.

If your system is off warranty and your have basic computer technician skills (one a technician at hand), you might consider trying one other thing first. Remove the TriCaster card from its slot, clean its edge connector, and firmly reset it in place. (If still under warranty, I'd get an ok from CS before doing this.)
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator