Thread: Audio on VT4 crackle

Audio on VT4 crackle

My files are pop an crackle after capturing into hard disk, but I don't hear any abnormal audio signal in capture processing. Although signal audio on VU metter is very good in capture processing, but when I check the file that I have just captured then that file is crackle. Afterthat I restart my computer then everything is normal, problem is sovled, everything is normal. But another day, this problem arise again. Help me.

The VT can be very sensitive to audio peaks. Try running your levels a little lower and see if that helps.
    -Jeff

My TriCaster Blog
    TriCaster Tally Lights

Gear Used: TC1, NC1 I/O, TC 460, TC Mini 4k.

Quote Originally Posted by linhktv View Post
    My files are pop an crackle after capturing into hard disk, but I don't hear any abnormal audio signal in capture processing. Although signal audio on VU metter is very good in capture processing, but when I check the file that I have just captured then that file is crackle. Afterthat I restart my computer then everything is normal, problem is sovled, everything is normal. But another day, this problem arise again. Help me.
    I rarely use my VT4 setup anymore. I usually use just a stand alone SE2 setup. But for years I had the same problem you are discribing. My problem was with the VT Card audio output. It did not appear on my rendered projects that were put on DVDs After several times of returning my VT4 card for repairs to address the crackling issue I simply chose not to care anymore. I do want to mention that NewTek did the repairs for FREE everytime. Not many companies give their customers lifetime warranties on the hardware like New Tek. Since 100% of my output now days is all render directly to DVD by software and I really have no further use for the VT4 card outputs. In fact that is why I really don't use my VT4 anymore. I can't remember the last time I used the analoge outputs coming from the VT4 card.

I only keep the VT4 for the few customers that have analog tapes in need of being converted to digital or occasional Lightwave program when I want to render something from the Toaster Dude templetes. But gain that's very rare since it's not in HD and 99.9% of my commercial/industrial work is HD now days. You might want to forgo the VT4 and move to SE2. Unless of course you need the switcher function and have the other hardware needed for the switcher.
    Last edited by VisionTecVideo; 09-25-2012 at 02:20 AM.
    www.VisionTecVideo.com