Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: NewTek Introduces TriCaster™ 40

I've taken this to private messages to stop further thread hijack, sorry. We now return you to your previously scheduled thread.
    -Jeff

My TriCaster Blog
    TriCaster Tally Lights

Gear Used: TC1, NC1 I/O, TC 460, TC Mini 4i, TS 100, TS 4000

Quote Originally Posted by Viewfax View Post
    ... but it still seems that even 6,353.26 USD after we reclaim the tax is still expensive compared with the US price.
    Keep in mind that you are not likely looking at a system that has the same feature set as the North American model. Only the multi-standard units sold in appropriate locales support both PAL and NTSC. I suspect that probably accounts for some of the differential, as it has with prior models for years.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Will either TimeWarp controller work with the 40? (I realize its value is somewhat limited, since there's only one record channel.)

-steve

Yes, I believe both will.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

So if we wanted to connect a JVC GY HD250 to this, would we need a converter?

Here's the specs for the HD250 if anybody cares to take a gander.

It doesn't look like you should.

Analog component output:
    Y: 1.0 V (p-p), 75 ohms, unbalanced (BNC)
    R-Y/B-Y: 0.7 V (p-p), 75 ohms, unbalanced (BNC)

Kris
    TriCasters: Mini, 410, 460, 850, 850 Extreme, 855 & 8000
    Replay: 3Play 820
    CG: LiveText3 - With LT[Scoreboards]
    Cameras: Sony NX5
    Macros: YoungMonkey MasterControl, Belkin N52

I see 1080/80i component output while shooting listed (among others), so all you would need as far as I can see would be the appropriate cable to connect to the camera's component output.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Keep in mind that you are not likely looking at a system that has the same feature set as the North American model. Only the multi-standard units sold in appropriate locales support both PAL and NTSC. I suspect that probably accounts for some of the differential, as it has with prior models for years.
    Looking at the manual it seems that there is only one multi standard version so I can't understand the enormous price difference here in the UK. Unfortunately, dealers in the UK just substitute the dollar sign for a pound sign and then wonder why potential customers think they are being ripped off!

Quote Originally Posted by Viewfax View Post
    Looking at the manual it seems that there is only one multi standard version so I can't understand the enormous price difference here in the UK. Unfortunately, dealers in the UK just substitute the dollar sign for a pound sign and then wonder why potential customers think they are being ripped off!
    I'm not sure I'm following your wording above correctly, but yes, there is "only one multi standard version" ... and there is also a "standard" (i.e., "non-multi-standard" version). The latter is NTSC-only.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Nice. We were just looking into a small portable system, so this is great timing!

Is the AAC Encoder included

I saw this:
    http://www.savweb.com/2012/01/new-re...-enhancements/

and wondered if the new Tricaster 40 is covered in this respect....

Quote Originally Posted by tonylightfoot View Post
    and wondered if the new Tricaster 40 is covered in this respect....
    'Tis indeed.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

What ever happen to that "Paradigm Shift" thinking

QUOTE=We are incredibly proud of TriCaster 40 here at NewTek. It has been a secret project for years aimed at one primary goal: bringing the capabilities offered by our very latest technology down to a lower price point than it has ever been (especially considering inflation!). When we started this project out primary goal was how to make it something amazing"

NewTek,

So this is the end results of years in the making Huh! (lol) Boy, you sure missed the mark on this one! All I see a stripped down version of your current technology. Nothing ground breaking! What ever happen to that "Paradigm Shift" thinking?

Here’s the problem! Newtek you are trying to cover every corner/niche of the video broadcast market. I am confused? Are you targeting the consumer, pro summer or the broadcast industry? You can't do all three this is why you look & sound confused in your thinking and choice of products, your trying to please everyone in the video industry. Not going to happen!

As for the your reasoning to leave Standard definition in and to leave out SDI/HDMI is a big mistake. Even my Grandmother has moved on and updated here video camera to a HDMI output, the younger YouTube generation is smarter than that you know.

You should stick by your guns and pick a market and build the best of that product for that market... You should lead by example by setting the future standards as to what type of technologies is best for the consumer and not the other way around because it’s cheaper and easier.

Here is a good example of a product that I will buy instead of the T40, save $4000 and get a Black magic ATEM Television Studio for less! See where I am going with this?

Untill next time...

I guess you haven't read the entire thread, but all of the points you raise have been discussed earlier (here's one post, but there are many). I don't think we'll do it again, but you're free to peruse the thread.

And of course you're very welcome to purchase a system of your choice ... whether it is a system with vastly less capability than a TriCaster 40, one with obviously fragile and surprisingly poorly compatible connectivity* useful over only very short distances, or not. I'm glad to hear though, that you will only need to spend $1000 on it (of course this leaves out all the other other gear you need to add to make it even work, not to mention to bring it up to anything close to the level of competence of any TriCaster).

*You will find there is about a 90% chance your grannie's camera won't even output live video over HDMI.

I'm not so ready to agree that it's a mistake to provide a range of models and products designed for different classes of users (and the numbers already tend to favor my view over yours). Finally, if you don't think a 4-input HD TriCaster for under $5k is a paradigm shift, we'll just have to agree to disagree. I've seen many single purpose boxes that don't do a fraction of what TriCaster 40 does running at $25-30k.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

What is it with the TC40 haters? I like mine.
    -Jeff

My TriCaster Blog
    TriCaster Tally Lights

Gear Used: TC1, NC1 I/O, TC 460, TC Mini 4i, TS 100, TS 4000

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast