Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New 3D Model/Nurnies Packs available soon...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Talking New 3D Model/Nurnies Packs available soon...

Hi there!

You know you can NEVER have too many models!

Xpolygon would like to introduce you the new 3D Models/Nurnies packs, the project have been develop quite some time now, you can see model's render images below, or facebook http://www.facebook.com/alvin.tea.71 and http://www.facebook.com/Xpolygon

A brief of what this about: Is a collection of 3D meshes/nurnies, come in two volumes, 1 & 2. 11 categories, from Generic shape to Triangle shape etc.

4 Formats and resolutions: Lightwave, Modo, Obj and Obj triangulated and 4 resolutions, Level 0 - 4, Level 0 - low polygon count to Level 4 - high details (edge bevel) of polygons.

We try to develop products that help 3D artists increasing their quality of output, their workflow speed for their CG visualizations. Instead of costly time in development, you can have Xpolygon tailored itself to your exact CG output needs, Xpolygon provides a collection of 3D models, over hundreds models created to help you save time and money for very little price!

X Model packs are available at a reduced price during the Introductory period, will be available soon.

Thanks

Very tempting, Sir. And I don't even have use for them!

Hurray up and get these d++ned things out!!!

Getting tired of the "coming soon" spiel.

Thanks, I just finishing the website now, any time soon.

Some gorgeous renders there.
    Which one did you use?

Somewhere, over the rainbow....

Thanks.
    Mostly Octane render.

Quote Originally Posted by GregMalick View Post
    Some gorgeous renders there.
    Which one did you use?

I am am an instant customer, if the price is right!
    Petter Sundnes
    Free LScripts

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MentalFish View Post
    I am am an instant customer, if the price is right!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenlaw View Post
    Nice stuff! Looking forward to getting it.

G.

Seems these are now available at www.xpolygon.com

Pretty neat, a lot like the free pack that's available for 3D-Coat. That's one not nearly as big though of course.
    ~~Phil Nolan
    www.philnolan3d.com - Twitter - YouTube
    Win 10 Home x64, Core i7 3.4 GHz, GeForce GT 640, 16GB RAM
    Laptop: Win10 x64, Core I7 8th gen, 1.8 GHz, 16GB RAM

FYI - If you want to use these specific nurnies from Alvin commercially, it is not clear you can do so. I emailed him and this was the reply.

Thought people would want to know.

I asked (in an email to Alvin) - "Can we use these components to make models, which models could then be sold or used to make money as long as the components we buy from you are part of the model?"

Alvin answered - "Sorry, the Contents(models) must not be reproduce, reconstruct, modify or duplication for the purpose of distribution or re-sale either in whole or in part is strictly prohibited, hope you understand."

If I understand correctly, making anything with these packs will considerably limit what you can actually do with them. If this is really different than what I understand, then I hope Alvin will make that much clearer.
    "Once one can articulate an important idea into a concise statement, then one can use the statement and not have to have the fear of changing behavior." - Ed Catmull on Pixar creativity

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    re:limitations
    But NOT what animations/renders you could make with them. Just selling geometry made with them.

IMO that's very reasonable.
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

QuadPanels sells for less and has a clearly commercial license. I'm sure you might want to not read between the lines with the Nurnies pack I see advertised here, which I think you might be doing.

From the meshweaver site -

This collection has been provided Royalty Free for Personal and Commercial use. You are licensed to use any of the objects for the purpose of detailing your own creations in preparations for production of your own personal projects.

Purchasers are free to modify and alter the objects provided in this collection to fit into their own personal requirements in the production environment be it professional or personal. No acknowledgments of credit for authoring of the individual pieces is required; although this may be left to the purchasers discretion should they wish to notify others of the origins of the detailed sections of their work that have been derived from use of this collection - again it is not compulsory.

This seems like a reasonable (and clear) license and the difference in pricing is about two-thirds this price for Quad Panels. It is $99 per pack for this one or $170 for both packs, while Quad Panels is $115 for both of his plus a free add-on.

Quote Originally Posted by jeric_synergy View Post
    re:limitations
    But NOT what animations/renders you could make with them. Just selling geometry made with them.

IMO that's very reasonable.
    "Once one can articulate an important idea into a concise statement, then one can use the statement and not have to have the fear of changing behavior." - Ed Catmull on Pixar creativity

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast