Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please I beg you, develop a way to match the layout camera with modeler perspective.

Newbie Member

Please I beg you, develop a way to match the layout camera with modeler perspective.

I mean really needed.

Thanks

 
    camera in Modeler it is possible

after all, all they need to do is to make Layout send info to Modeler >
    the current frame location (e.g. 7) and the camera settings (e.g. Resolution, Zoom Factor)
    (it should even be possible to make a simple function that imports all the different frames)

editing camera view and animation is a different story, but can be done,
    making a XYZ and HPB position in Modeler that could be updated in Layout is quite doable.

importing deformed objects from Layout though, now that's a different story.

might be that NT can't see the use for it, though many of us do, not sure...

 
    Last edited by erikals; 08-27-2012 at 09:13 PM.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

borkalork BORKALORK! biliousfrog's Avatar
    I'd prefer it the other way round. For matching geometry to the camera view, such as compositing into photos, I'd want Modeler to have a camera view that matches the one in Layout.

Here's an example, a project I worked on with a couple of other LW guys: http://youtu.be/k4sURo6AWME

Matching the on-set photographs involved lots of back and forth between the two apps, trying to get the geometry for projection mapping the correct shape and in the correct location. If we'd used any other 3D application it would have been done in a fraction of the time.

I see this as a massive stumbling block in Lightwave's ability to break into the visualisation and VFX market. How can Lightwave be considered an application for TV/film work when you can't even model from the camera? I'd certainly change apps if this was something I'd need to do on a regular basis...or, at least, get another app for doing camera matching.

Stuck in a very big cube Waves of light's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by biliousfrog View Post
    Here's an example, a project I worked on with a couple of other LW guys: http://youtu.be/k4sURo6AWME
    Like that a lot. And yes, I can see how camera matching would have helped speed up the workflow.

Systen Spec: i7 4930k (OC @4.5ghz),ASUS p9x79 MB, 32GB Ballistix RAM, H60 cooling, Samsung SSD 120GB, WD 1TB

I second that begging! It should be possible as it's already easy to add backdrop images to every other pane EXCEPT the perspective view. If they just added that in I'd be happy to fiddle with the view position, rotation and perspective amount to get the right modelling and then just leave it there while I modelled in other views.
    Push the software, don't let it push YOU!
    My own plugins and work:www.mikegreen.name
    LaptopSetup:corei7 2.4GHz nvidia GT 650M 8Gig win8 64
    WorkSetup:core i7 3.4Ghz nvidia Quadro 2000 12Gig Ram Win7

TrueArt Support
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodgy View Post
    I second that begging! It should be possible as it's already easy to add backdrop images to every other pane EXCEPT the perspective view. If they just added that in
    It's even possible to make by 3rd party developer - you just have to "properly" persuade him to do so..

It is needed for sure. Not the first thread on the subject either, hope they're working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    It's even possible to make by 3rd party developer - you just have to "properly" persuade him to do so..
    you kidding me?!

Quote Originally Posted by djwaterman View Post
    It is needed for sure. Not the first thread on the subject either, hope they're working on it.
    Ditto that!

Sensei, god amongst the gods, will your blessed right hand code such a life changing feature?
    I swear to be your rendering slave fo a whole... hum week?, ok, month

Was that a proper request?
    I could also send you a box of french wine ask anything and your will be done!
    (can you feel how much I need that?)
    555Lab.com

HP Z800 Win 7 x64
    LW11.0.3 x64
    Bi-Quad Xeon E5530 2.40 GHZ
    16 cores Hyperthreaded
    20GB Ram
    Nvidia Quadro FX 4800 1.5GB / CUDA 192 cores
    Dual screen HP LP2475w

On a more serious note, we've been asking that for so long I can recall bringing that all the time too. We really need that.
    555Lab.com

HP Z800 Win 7 x64
    LW11.0.3 x64
    Bi-Quad Xeon E5530 2.40 GHZ
    16 cores Hyperthreaded
    20GB Ram
    Nvidia Quadro FX 4800 1.5GB / CUDA 192 cores
    Dual screen HP LP2475w

I second the request...
    This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government, CG Networks or CGTALK.com. The opinions expressed on this posting are on my own volition.

Yep!
    Must be PEEKA-BO both ways

Guys! Lob a dupicate into

Sturff for LW12 and heavily

underline it!!!!!!!

I guess this is on Newtek plans, but we have no idea when will it be available.

Hey, do it Sensei !
    you can still sell some licenses before Newtek launching, or may find other interesting possibilities after touching the code.

and another cool request is LAYOUT PERSPECTIVE to CAMERA!
    Silvio Toledo
    Brazil

Sensei or Viktor May do it

Actually lets think shall we..

LWCAD is an AWESOME tool..AFTER seeing 4.2 and how he deals with UVs ..i believe he can import a camera View into LW modeler. Then sky is limit.!

Also sensei has extensive knowledge about both modeler and layout...He could add even Santa Clause if he wants to ..

Come on viktor or sensei you both have enough talent to pull this off ...
    Last edited by tyrot; 08-28-2012 at 07:35 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast