Thread: Color from NE displayed in viewport

Color from NE displayed in viewport

How to use an interactive color from the "Color" Surfaces slot to Node Editor?

Example:
    the use of the material in Carpaint NE, if it were possible to tie interactively with the slot "Color" in the Standard Surface Editor - This color is displayed in the OpenGL viewport, while the color in the Carpaint in viewport no effect.

thx

The problem is that the colour in the CarPaint node might be generated further down the line, not directly from the CarPaint node. This means that the Surface Editor would need to translate.

B
    Ben Vost - NewTek LightWave 3D development
    LightWave 3D Trial Edition
    AMD Threadripper 1950X, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (4GB and 768 CUDA cores) and GTX 1080 (8GB and 2560 CUDA cores) driver version 430.86
    AMD FX8350 4.2 GHz, Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64-bit, 16GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (416.34, 4GB and 768 CUDA cores)
    Dell Server, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Xeon E3-1220 @3.10 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Quadro K620
    Laptop with Intel i7, nVidia Quadro 2000Mw/ 2GB (377.83 and 192 CUDA cores), Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 8GB RAM
    Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 10.10.3

Well, I probably gave a bad example. I'll try to ask the question differently.
    Is there any way to interactively (interrelated) to take over the properties (color, value) from the "standard" Surface Editor to Node Editor?

I am particularly concerned at least approximate the viewport show. See. image.
    Color in SE = 160,160,160
    Color in NE = 62, 111, 255
    Viewport still in the gray instead of blue.

The transfer of textures that someone had once asked. So I'm afraid the answer will be the same - can not :-(
    Last edited by Rajce; 08-17-2012 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajce View Post
    Well, I probably gave a bad example. I'll try to ask the question differently.
    Is there any way to interactively (interrelated) to take over the properties (color, value) from the "standard" Surface Editor to Node Editor?

The transfer of textures that someone had once asked. So I'm afraid the answer will be the same - can not :-(
    At least in DPKit there's a Classic Surface node
    which can catch your classic layered surfaces.

Denis.

Denis ahead of me :-) Thanks

Too bad it only works one way. From SE to NE. It is possible that we have had to add the button to Send to Classic? :-)
    Last edited by Rajce; 08-17-2012 at 01:02 AM.