Thread: VT4 hang on!!!!

VT4 hang on!!!!

I'm using VT4 with SX 84, when I capture audio without video or both of video and audio about 5 minutes , VT4 software hang on. Then I can't operate anything on VT4 software and there's no videoclip or audio clip which I wish. Only way, I press Ctrl + Alt + delete to end VT4 program. Then I open it again, it still hang on when I capture. Help me. Thanks you very much.

What type of file are you capturing and where are you attempting to capture to? The 5 minute thing makes me wonder if it is DV onto a FAT32 drive. That sort of equals a limit on those disks where the file gets larger than that type of format allows.

Kris
    TriCasters: Mini, 410, 460, 850, 850 Extreme, 855 & 8000
    Replay: 3Play 820
    CG: LiveText3 - With LT[Scoreboards]
    Cameras: Sony NX5
    Macros: YoungMonkey MasterControl, Belkin N52

Type of file is Full Pal DV Type1 and my storage disk is in NTFS. Help me

I don't think VT[4] software work well with DV capture. Upgrade to VT5 might help.

BTW. To stop VT from hanging, use ctrl-V-T hotkey should work. Then runing newtekrtme.exe under CMD shell (dos prompt) and a "reset" command will bring VT card back from hang status.
    =============
    Chen Pan

[email protected]
    =============

Quote Originally Posted by animlab View Post
    I don't think VT[4] software work well with DV capture. Upgrade to VT5 might help.

BTW. To stop VT from hanging, use ctrl-V-T hotkey should work. Then runing newtekrtme.exe under CMD shell (dos prompt) and a "reset" command will bring VT card back from hang status.
    Is VT5 compatible with my old card that is working with VT4? How can I upgrade to VT5? How much it cost?

Do you have VT4 sevice pack 1? If you have, please send it to me by email: [email protected]. Thanks you very much!!!