Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Tips for installing VT-5 on 64bit Windows 7

If you get "Driver Problem" message, ther might a chance that your VT card is mal-functioned. VT5 driver is unable to communicate with VT card.
    Also, some modern modern motherboard are not functional with VT5 because of PCI timing issues I guess. You can try LGA775 or LGA1366 motherboards. I did not have a luck with with LGA 1155 motherboards (after Intel Sandy Bridge).
    =============
    Chen Pan

[email protected]
    =============

Hello B. Schuster,
    Have you had any luck resolving this? I have the exact same problem, 8 core, Windows 7. The exact same hardware worked fine under windows XP, but upgrading to windows 7 has caused the problem.
    The irony is I have two identical systems, and the other system works fine with the windows 7 upgrade...
    Thank you -

Hello All,
    Just thought I would add a few comments to close out the unanswered question above in case someone else reads through the thread -

I was able to fix my problem described above by rolling the bios back from version F9 all the way back to version F2.

Bios was updated to cover newer processors which i had installed. The bios roll back restored the communications with the VT card over the PCI bus.

All is well now. Maybe a bios adjustment can fix a problem you have as well.

One other point is the bios became suspect as the VT card was installed in an older computer and all worked well. had to be the motherboard in that case.

Thank you for reading -

The newest VT cards (pro) run on a lower voltage for the buss. The older cards need a 5 volt supply from the motherboards. Most no longer supply this.
    You may need to look at a "Legacy motherboard" from intel. A few years ago that solved my problems.
    Pete
    Pete Draves
    CV Productions
    Oak Creek, WI
    [email protected]

I am about to do the same thing and so when I inserted the board into the slots, I did not see any lights. Then it got me thinking, I put the board into the old computer and started and did not see any lights. So where is the light located?

LED on Toastercard

Videonut,

I'm using Windows XP. Looking from the front of the computer on the left side of the Taoster card the LED is located towards the front lower part of the card.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Toastercard.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	129456
    B.S.

Good with pix and all. A good rule of thumb is all older VT cards work on the 5 volt buss,
    The newer "pro VT" works on 5 volt or 3 volt. The older mother
    boards are 5 volt only and the newer mother boards are 3 volt.
    The buss led is in or very close location on the old or new cards.
    Intel had, or may still have some "legacy" mother boards.
    Pete
    Pete Draves
    CV Productions
    Oak Creek, WI
    [email protected]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12