Thread: Where's my audio?

Where's my audio?

I have a VT[5] v5+, in an HP XW8200, attached to a SX-84 BOB. I'm presently working in Ethiopia, and until recently the machine had not been used in over a year. I normally use the audio jacks on the VT[5] to hear audio from DVD's, CD's, and digital files, but when I play a video tape, the audio doesn't come through. I have RCA cables from the 'audio out' on the video tape player plugged into the 'audio in' on the SX-84. The vue meters on the VT[5] digital audio mixer sees the incoming signals, but I can't hear the audio. The tape video signal comes thru fine, however, in the monitor program/preview windows.

Everything seems to be hooked up properly, and except for some annoying static/hum related to my DVD/CD player, I'd say the systme is operating properly.

Any help appreciated (altho I realize that participants in the VT forum are a dying breed).

Do you have an output from thr SX8 Pluged into any sort
    Of speakers?

I have an output from Bob (x8) going back into my
    Computers sound card and use the computers speakers
    to get sound

Thanks very much for the reply.

I did not have any audio output connections from the SX-84, and assumed that because the SX-84 cables already were plugged into the computer, then the audio would be routed there.

My monitor/computer doesn't have speakers so I usually use headphones. This seems to work for most things (listening to CD's, DVD's, etc), but apparently not for the VT-5. The only audio-out connections on the SX-84are XLR and RCA, so I'll need to get an RCA/mini-jack cable to plug into my computer sound card. Since I'm overseas, this will take a couple of weeks to order, but will post the results once I've tried it.

Again, I appreciate your response.

I did not have any audio output connections from the SX-84, and assumed that because the SX-84 cables already were plugged into the computer, then the audio would be routed there.

My monitor/computer doesn't have speakers so I usually use headphones. This seems to work for most things (listening to CD's, DVD's, etc), but apparently not for the VT-5. The only audio-out connections on the SX-84are XLR and RCA, so I'll need to get an RCA/mini-jack cable to plug into my computer sound card. Since I'm overseas, this will take a couple of weeks to order, but will post the results once I've tried it.

Not sure why this triple-posted, but I apologize anyhow.