Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stuttering Video w/ Tricaster 450 Extreme

Don't mean to nag - it must sound like that, but really I just want to reinforce this message, as it's something that seem isn't as obvious as one might wish.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

We had the stuttering program output a couple of times on an 855 at 1080i but all has been fine since 5b.
    Mark

Broadcast Engineering & Consultancy Worldwide

Registered User Red Dog Records's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Don't mean to nag - it must sound like that, but really I just want to reinforce this message, as it's something that seem isn't as obvious as one might wish.
    I totally get it Steve.

We are all so busy trying to use these tools to make money that we sometimes forget this stuff.
    On this end we are trying to document all our workflows for Sony Vegas, Premiere, FCP, After Effects, blah, blah, blah and forget all the details sometimes.
    I, for one, absolutely apreciate the reminders.

Actually, go ahead and nag me. I need it!

NewTek Engineering QA VideoEng QA's Avatar

Careful what you wish for...

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog Records View Post
    I totally get it Steve.

We are all so busy trying to use these tools to make money that we sometimes forget this stuff.
    On this end we are trying to document all our workflows for Sony Vegas, Premiere, FCP, After Effects, blah, blah, blah and forget all the details sometimes.
    I, for one, absolutely appreciate the reminders.

Actually, go ahead and nag me. I need it!
    Andrew,
    Nag Nag...
    I just sent you a separate email, with link to URL for the latest update. You have no further excuses! :-)

Thomas
    NewTek Engineering QA
    For bug reports, feature requests, or technical inquiries: https://fogbugz.newtek.com/default.asp?pg=pgPublicEdit

I too have had problems with stuttering on 455. Updated to the latest software to no avail. Surprisingly my Newek contact was not aware of the stuttering. Streaming or not it was still there last job. Recording from 4 channels to only two on the e: seemed to fix is. Doing a format on d: now to see if that is the problem.

Make sure you are not using 5400rpm drives!

Yesterday I had the same problem in a Live Production.

We connected 4 HD SDI cameras with long SDI 3G cables. Some of them were rolled (and I think that produced Signal reflection).

We worked with 1080i60 session and the switch lagged a lot: dropped frames, stuttering video, choppy, etc. I think that the problem is sync with the switch. The SDI output 1 gone to black and silence when the switch lagged (for 1 or 2 seconds). I always work with 1080p30 with no problem, but yesterday when I set the project in 1080i60 everything gone bad.

Soyniqolas, the thread that your responding to is 6 years old. Make sure that you're software is updated.
    Tricaster 460 Advanced Edition 2, Tricaster 40 V1
    2 Sony PXW-X70 Cameras, 2 Panasonic AG-HMC40P Cameras
    VSE 2.5 - VSE Advanced Edition, A bunch of Doo-Dads and cables

I am having the same problem on a 450 extreme and we care now using record deck to record all the ISO cameras and program stream, this is nuts the unit is just a switcher now no recording or streaming can happen any more.
    We have reformatted and upgraded 2 times and still the unit stutters and video becomes out of sync with audio.
    We sure would like a solution as its going to be a door stop soon
    EZ dose it, but do it!

GSC
    N-Media.net

Remembering that a TriCaster is a Windows computer under the hood, they just don't last forever and as a cost of doing business one should plan on the expense of upgrading every 4-5 years. Live events are very mission-critical and we can't rely on old kit to perform reliably indefinitely. Newtek has pretty generous trade-in deals from time to time.

I use desktop workstation PCs for video editing and after 4-5 years they usually start having problems, and are pretty out of date and slow by then anyway, so 4-5 years seems to be the time to think about newer gear.

EDIT: just did a web search and TC450 came out in 2011, so yeah - "its going to be a door stop soon"

Thanks

Jeff
    Last edited by JPulera; 11-27-2018 at 11:09 AM.

Have you thought about replacing the hard drives? They might be getting a little old.

Kris
    TriCasters: Mini, 410, 460, 850, 850 Extreme, 855 & 8000
    Replay: 3Play 820
    CG: LiveText3 - With LT[Scoreboards]
    Cameras: Sony NX5
    Macros: YoungMonkey MasterControl, Belkin N52

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123