Thread: Streaming with TelVue Cloudcast

Streaming with TelVue Cloudcast

Is anyone streaming live from their Tricaster to their website using TelVue's Cloudcast (Peg.tv)? We use it for video on demand on our website currently and I'm looking to stream from our Tricaster studio. Would like some info.

As long as the Tricaster can stream H.264 (or FLV6) video and MP3 (of AAC) audio, the live stream should work (will not work on iDevices without HLS):

Recommended Stream output settings:
    Video: H.264
    Resolution: 320x240 (can adjust as needed)
    Frames Per second(FPS) – 29.97
    Video bit rate: 400kbps (can adjust as needed depending on bandwidth)
    Audio: MP3(AAC preferred)
    Stereo audio, Sample rate; 48KHz,
    Audio bit rate: 40kbps

We recommend AAC audio for future Roku compatibility. Telvue has tested the AAC plugin from Main Concept (http://www.mainconcept.com/products/...oder-fmle.html). FMLE on Windows out-ofthe-box will only stream mp3 which works with Flash Player but not Roku.
    Please note that for iDevice and Roku live stream playback, HLS turnaround will be required.

more info needed

Thank you for the response. In the tricaster I chose the output stream with those recommended settings and its asking for information such as Location, Stream ID, and Username and Password. (Please see attached screen shot) Where would I get this information? Is it found in our Cloudcast interface somewhere?

When I'm in Cloudcast and I select make a new live stream from external source it asks me for a URL. I feel like i'm missing something here, any help is greatly appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tricaster screen.JPG 
Views:	210 
Size:	4.58 MB 
ID:	105540  

Yes, you need to get the location, stream ID (and username/password if they use it) from your Cloudcast site. Usually on these sites, they have an option to download the stream configuration as a Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder (FMLE) XML file that you can load into Adobe FMLE and get this information.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

kanep- i'm unable to get this information on our Cloudcast. dliu- do you know where I would get this in Cloudcast?

Sorry, I don't know where you go on their site to get this information. I've used sites like uStream.tv and know how to get that information there.

Do they have someone at peg.tv support that can help? The information you need is not TriCaster specific, it's the same information anyone would need trying to setup a Adobe Flash stream to their service.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Got it streaming. Thanks for the help.