Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TrueArt's GlobalMaterials promotion only this week

TrueArt Support

Exclamation TrueArt's GlobalMaterials promotion only this week

Hello!

I would like to inform that our new plug-in TrueArt's GlobalMaterials has been released and will be in promotion in this week (5-12 June 2012).

TrueArt's GlobalMaterials is LightWave Layout system extending base application by global Node Editor where you can edit the all object's the all surfaces at once.

You can watch Full HD (change quality in YouTube panel to 1080p HD!) videos and read more here:
    http://globalmaterials.trueart.eu

Price in promotion is 25 usd (that's 50% of regular price after 12 June).

Best Regards!

above the ecuator, then, on the right, but not too much
    a mp4 instead of an avi wd be something more accessible .. , i think .

.cheers

this looks really useful, I do have a couple of questions.

does it work with all the nodes/materials?
    and is there a 64bit version.

thanks
    illuminatedtools.com My great light probe Library.

TrueArt Support
    Quote Originally Posted by wellsichris View Post
    does it work with all the nodes/materials?
    I didn't find any built-in LW node that doesn't work.

Of course you can't add Global Materials intercepting node in global Node Editor.

and is there a 64bit version.
    Yes, of course.
    Last edited by Sensei; 06-05-2012 at 12:59 PM.

So the Spot Info node (and similar) will sample whatever surface it is plugged into?

TrueArt Support
    Global Materials intercepting node when it's evaluated by renderer, is asking global Node Editor whether it has something connected. If nothing is connected, or TrueArt's Global Materials master handler is turned off (like it's showed at the end of video when I am toggling it on/off), local input material is evaluated (default is Standard, but you can plug there anything). Otherwise input in global Node Editor is evaluated.

So, Spot Info used in global Node Editor is thinking it's in local surface Node Editor.

Couple weeks ago, I have used it together with TrueArt's Node Library in this thread:
    http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=127690
    Post #10 and later.

See post #13 especially.

Very cool. Will there be a LW9.6+ or 10+ version, or is this only possible with 11?

TrueArt Support
    It's not possible to make it working in any older LW than v11.0 (user would have to manually edit what inputs are in global Node Editor inside of master).

Actually I wrote it while making TrueGroup, but there was no required LWSDK functions to make it fully working, and it was waiting 3 years until they added them..

Neat trick Sensei.

One more question, does/can this work with the Deform and other node editors?

Hi,

Great stuff here

Something cool would be to add a sort of filter (ie, by name) or selection set node to assign a material to a group of objects at the same time, instead of the one by one method.

By the way, how does it works on objects with multiples materials ?

well done. That is a really nice one!!

Maybe it need some additional workflow function:
    - ... bring local nodal to global nodal en viceversa?
    - ...severals ObjectGlobalMaterial with its own surfaces rather than one globalMaterial for all surfaces... (can help if you deal with lot of surface or if you have identical surface name in different object...)

TrueArt Support
    There is one material per one surface. Not per object.

Item "sphere" with "Default" surface will have global input "sphere Default"
    Clone of it with name "sphere (1)" with "Default" surface will have global input "sphere Default" also.
    Layer of it with name "sphere:Layer 100" with "Default" surface will have global input "sphere Default" too.
    But another item (different .lwo) with name "sphere 1" with "Default" surface will have separate global input "sphere 1 Default".

apart of obviously having more flexibility and options, what is the basic difference/advantage compared to using materials in surface editor set to scene mode?
    3dworks visual computing
    demo reel on vimeo
    instagram

OSX 10.12.x, macpro 5.1, nvidia gtx 980 ti, LW2015.x / 2018.x, octane 3.x

TrueArt Support
    In scene mode if you have Default surface in item "X" and Default surface in item "Y", when you will be editing it, all X and Y items will be changed/destroyed...

With GlobalMaterials it doesn't happen - Default surface of item X will have input "X Default", and Y- "Y Default"..

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast