Thread: instancing coloring

instancing coloring

Hi,

I'm trying to create a crowd, and it means that every person should look a bit different from the other. I want to create this by using the SPOT INSTANCE INFO node. However, when I make the connection as in the manual, every object gets a different color, while I need to multiply that color onto the texture instead of replacing it...

can anyone help me with this, what nodes I should use and how to connect them?
    I also want to instance the crowd by points, but when I do that it also duplicates along the points of its own object instead of another objects particles / points, any idea on this?

Thanks in advance,

Ruud
    Ruud Zeelenberg

WizzArt Animations

If you want each, lets say Character, have a different, lets say Shirt, color the approach would be to create a gradient with several different colors Plug a Instance Info Node Index ID into the Gradient Input. I only have LW 9.6.1 but I read the LW 11 Addendum and the way I understand character 1 starts with 0 in the Gradient and so on. so Instead for Character (Instance) 1, 2, 3, 4 would be 0, 1, 2, 3 and so on.

To get randomness use a random node. I can't say which one LW11 has, but DB&W Tools has a node for randomizing and if I remember correctly DPKIT has one too.

Show some Screenshots so we can help you with the nodal setup.

If you receive instances on your characters, check and see if you are using the instances on the Point Object and not on your Object to be instanced.

Greetz
    Kevin "K-Dawg" Reeves