Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aura2 again....

Aura2 again....

Hello all,
    Is there aboslutely no way for Newtek to release a patch or any sort of trick to bypass the registration step in Aura on 64bit windows7 system?
    Only the registration fails, the software works prefect and despite its age, it has functionalities that i can't find in photoshop, such as symetries and effects applied on text.
    In short, i miss it terribly and no, i don't feel to buy it again under a different name and from a different company.

Dead thread. I miss DPAINT on Amiga, seriously. Oh forget it.

I've never used Aura (although I have a parallel dongel). I did hear from the guy tat gave it to me that it did some really interesting things. Dpaint I did use, on the Amiga no less. That I can say was a really cool paint program, I especially liked the 2D animation tools.
    For Is and Is-not though with Rule and Line
    And UP-AND-DOWN by Logic I define,
    Of all that one should care to fathom, I
    was never deep in anything but--Wine.

what abaut virtual pc

You can instal an Amiga for DeluxePaint or TV-Paint its the grandfather of Aura on Amiga, but beside its posible to buy a cheap videotoaster on ebay with
    still instal Aura and works on Win7. And if its only a dongle problem try a
    usb to parallel-cable.

Tv paint became Aura, then became Mirage, then became TV paint again. Each time with added capabilities.

http://www.tvpaint.com/v2/content/article/home/

While that's loosely true, to be strictly accurate: Aura (which belongs to NewTek) is still Aura - albeit no longer on sale. It did not 'become' Mirage.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Well I don't know the inner workings of the developement or of the parties involved.. I just know the products and they are a logical evolution of each other. I loved dpaint and the original TV Paint (Amiga version still) and Aura (I had two VT3s when they came out, and upgraded to VT4s), and loved Mirage too, I'm no longer doing any 2d animation so I have only seen videos of the new TVpaint but it looks like a nice evolution of what I knew as Mirage.

You should have left this thread for dead, guys.
    So now I know there are still people interested, in some purely academic points maybe, but nonetheless interested in Aura. What about a patch to overcome the dongle lock in 64 bits systems, is it possible?

Have you spoken with CS about swapping the par port dongle for a USB one?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

I have the USB dongle since I run LW 64bits on W7 64, but it is not supported by Aura if i undertand correctly. The only possibility would be to run Aura without any dongle.

You have a USB LW dongle, ok - but you also have a USB Aura dongle? (Most don't, hence my question. Or are you one of those even rarer guys with a version of Aura tied to your LW license?)

I'd have expected that if you have a 64bit Sentinel driver, you'd be fine. I can put that to the test, but not today.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

I bought Aura with Lightwave 6.5 as a bundle in the early 2000's, so i don't have a dongle for Aura specifically, the dongle was for both LW and Aura.
    I don't understand the aura-lw tied licence. They have separate keys and locks numbers if that's what you mean?

What happened is that i upgraded my motherboard and it didn't have the parallel port on the new one, so i exchanged my old parallel dongle for a new usb one, It ran with WindowsXp 32bits, runnning LW and Aura with no problems.
    It's only when I upgraded the system to W7 64bits, and LW32bits to LW 64bits with a new lock number and everything, that Aura didn't recognise the lock numbers (I tried the old and the new and it didn't work).

I got the invoice, it says : ZDongleDuoUSB

I just installed Aura 2.5 on my Win7 64-bit system and it seems to work fine... at least it opened and I was able to doodle a bit in it.

The Lock I.D. on the Aura registration panel was the same as the Lock ID I have in my print-out with serial numbers on it and the same old Unlock key worked.

I also got Aura bundled with LW (5.6 with upgrade to 6 when it came out) with separate dongles for Aura and LW. When it came time to upgrade from Aura 1.0 to 2.0, I decided to take the bundle deal that they had with LW at that time and got a new Aura license that tied it to my LW dongle, and at some point, I upgraded to a USB dongle.
    [mr] Dana W. Burman | http://dwburman.com
    Motion Graphics for sale at Pond5 Stock Footage
    Check out my tutorials at Liberty3d.com & my YouTube channel!

Seems to me that there was a version of Aura 2.5 that came in one of the magazines... Think it was a full release and it had no dongle restrictions.
    Will Silver
    Animator
    digital TRiP
    "Frak'em all! I USE LIGHTWAVE!"

Quote Originally Posted by LW_Will View Post
    Seems to me that there was a version of Aura 2.5 that came in one of the magazines... Think it was a full release and it had no dongle restrictions.
    I think that was probably AuraDV, a variant with some interesting aspects ... limited to DV res though. I don't think there was ever a version without a hdwe. lock apart from that.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast