Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbe to Speed Edit, Where to get transitions

LightWave Fan Boi
    Blog Entries
    This is really weird.

I have SE 1.5.5 and after installing 2.5 I thought I'd lost my transitions/effects etc., but all I needed to do was locate the SE1.x transition/effect directory and create a new link in the filebin and was good to go.

I didn't need to reinstall a thing.

This missing transitions problem you guys are having is weird.

Multimedia Magician
    I went from 2.0 to 2.5. The 2.0 folders are still in tact, however, the effects that used to reside there are gone. I have done an extensive search of the drive to locate a new folder that might contain them. I have not been able to find them anywhere.

If you are using windows 7, I found an irritating issue with searching using the start menu dialog box. Windows no longer lets you search for everything on your system unless you specfically tell it to. It does this by NOT indexing all folders by default... only the common ones. This is geared toward the sheep that keep all their files in the mydocuments structure. http://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-7/wi...exing-options/
    LW 11.6.2 x64
    Intel I7 2600k 4 core (8 threads)
    Win 7 Pro x64
    ASUS P67 Sabertooth B3 revision
    16gb Ram
    Nvidia GTX 970 FTW
    9Tb disk (3x 3tb non-raided)

transitions

Some of us who have been troubleshooting tend to read into problems
    things than may not exsist.
    If so sorry.
    The quickest solution is to uninstall 2.5 and reinstall 2.
    Then COPY the transition folder to a place outside of the newtek directory.
    Then re-do your upgrade and copy the folder contents back in.
    This is what we used to do in the old VT days.
    The whole job should only take a few hours max.
    I have kept a backup of transitions, including any 3rd party instalations
    on a dual-layer data dvd for years.
    I think this is a good thing for all to do to avoid problens like this in the
    future.
    The search functions of seven work fine, Just different.
    On the instalation of 2.5 over 2 the transition folder is deleated, (bug?)!
    Sorry I took so long to remember this. I must be getting old now.
    Time for mid morning nap.
    Good luck
    Pete
    Last edited by Pete Draves; 05-03-2012 at 09:55 AM.
    Pete Draves
    CV Productions
    Oak Creek, WI
    [email protected]

Search

This program works WAY better than Win7's search
    http://www.voidtools.com/

LightWave Fan Boi
    Blog Entries
    Pete's the man.

Shabazzy, you are usually the man, but thanks.
    I will add one more caveat, a lot of third party programs for search,
    audio and video add-ons, even toolbars can really affect editing programs.
    Most of the on site service in the past was just uninstalling all ot the little things uninformed users install.
    Hey all, keep up the good work.
    Pete
    Pete Draves
    CV Productions
    Oak Creek, WI
    [email protected]

Search

I have used the Everything search app for years now and it never had any negative effect on SE or VT5

It uses very little resources

SpeedEdit with TriCaster 8000 HD transitions?

Unfortunately all the older transitions including the VT5 transitions are only standard definition and are unable to be used in any HD SpeedEdit project. I think NewTek has done a big disservice by not continuing development on SpeedEdit as I really think SpeedEdit is one of the most advanced video editors out there today. NewTek unfortunately has decided not to include any HD transitions with any versions of SpeedEdit, you can use any of the early on VT transitions but they will only be available in standard definitions projects. My question to the NewTek community is as follows is it possible to use any of the TriCaster HD transitions in any of the current versions of SpeedEdit? I do know that the TriCaster can use early VT5 SD transitions so why can't we use any of the TriCaster HD transitions? I also plead to NewTek to really consider continuing development and support for their loyal NewTek customers and hopefully 2015 can bring us SpeedEdit 3.0 64-bit with HD transitions and possibly bring us options for using standard third-party plug-ins. Come on guys I know we can do this!

Kind regards
    Amigaman7
    Last edited by amigaman7; 01-01-2015 at 05:48 PM.

In the Effects bin in SE you have HD transitions--just a few basic dissolves
    Most of my VT5 wipes work with SE, the effect does not always cover the entire HD frame so you have to crop the entire video a little bit in the end to cover that up.
    I was able to get past the lack of native SE HD wipes by picking up a few of the Digital Juice overlay collections
    http://www.digitaljuice.com/djtv/detail.aspx?sid=810
    Just put them between 2 scenes and click overlay in the SE menu thats it---I never understood how the company that created Lightwave did not have its creative team put together a few digital juice type of collections for SE.They could have at least contacted Dave over at Digital Juice and licensed some of his content for Newtek, then complied it into native SE transitions instead of having to use them as overlay effects.

LightWave Fan Boi
    Blog Entries
    The outlook on SE's existence becomes even more worrying with the onward progression of 4K productions and delivery. Most fundamentally encoding the final edit (assuming editing 4K would even be possible with SE), h.265 support in SE would be but one basic requirement, 64bit is another, but are they likely to happen?

Added to that, if there's still no native support for HD transitions and DVEs after all this time, what chance would there be for 4K? I've already had to jump ship and start using another editor, but I hold on to the day that I can return back to SE and enjoy it's immense benefits.

In the meantime I'll be watching what NT do with SE in 2015 very closely indeed.

Yeah . . . . what Shabazzy said.

This looks to be the year that I have to re-tool both hardware and software. Not looking forward to doing without SE.

You can load 2K footage into SE. I have worked with footage from my GoPro 4. 4K will crash it out, the MP4 decoder was not made to recognize it. Yes the SE code needs to be updated and complied to 64-Bit to efficiently work with the new video formats. I wish that Newtek would sell the program or make it open source so it could be advanced.
    Jeeze Globecaster which was formerly the Play Trinity still has a market and is being developed, why not SpeedEdit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12