Thread: 9.6 to 11 morphs not working (controlled by nulls)

9.6 to 11 morphs not working (controlled by nulls)

Hi

I make a simple rig where morphs are controlled by a null. At 9.6 everything works fine but when sending it to a friend working with 11, he moves the nulls but not morphing are displayed, and autokey is on (even using intro not morph change). Any idea?

Goes bump in the night RebelHill's Avatar
    Works fine here. He sure he hasnt got deformations turned off, morf mixer deactivated, etc?
    LSR Surface and Rendering Tuts.
    RHiggit Rigging and Animation Tools
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

I will ask him. What I did was packaging scene... I supposed every scene setting was saved. Thanks, RH

Goes bump in the night RebelHill's Avatar
    ahhh...

package scene has a few lil bugs n gotchas in it. I can think of anything specific that could be causing your problem, but could be an explanation.
    LSR Surface and Rendering Tuts.
    RHiggit Rigging and Animation Tools
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

I visited my friend and I saw what it was. It also happened with a IK chain. At home (LW 9.6) I animated that chain and the model was deformed. With the 11 v of my friend the model wasn´t affected.

Solution:
    I never work with autokey, just a "tradition" for me. What I saw is that my friend works with autokey. The model wasn´t deformed with LW11 . Deactivating Autokey and doing manual keyframing everything went well... so buggy!!

what I did to avoid potential problems with a facial rig controlled by nulls was to do the animation then bake all the channels being controlled via expressions then save out the morphmix